One big happy family šŸ™ƒ

bacha29

I agree with both you. It's going to be even more difficult to keep drivers. I don't see any driver stopping what they're doing, driving back across town to complete a time delivery and picking back where they left off...... multiple times......for $20/hr.
Exactly. Out where I'm at it's not back across town....It's back across county.

HD219

Why so they could employee them directly and it cost them more? Itā€™s cheaper for them to pay contractors and not pay insurance or 401k.
They cut out paying the contractor. Offering health insurance or 401k is a benefit not a requirement.

fdxsux

I saved this image back in November. It will be interesting to see if this actually was the plan.
View attachment 424210
This is essentially how it will work when we move into the Ground station at the end of May. We were told we would be delivering FO, DG, ASR, and ā€œcertain medical shipments.ā€ We will be picking up dropboxes, DG, and bulk Express pups of 200 pieces or more. Ground is doing everything else.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lol you were the one doubting me saying it would never all be one entity. You're delusional
This is my 5th reply to you since you've been posting here and none of them were me doubting what you said about this.

Should expect as much from a guy who made a prediction about something after it was already announced. Congrats, son.

It will be fine

Yea part time and they aren't breaking their backs every day lifting 65lb chewy boxes, a weight set and a 25 piece sectional Lucy just had to have. Edit: And Georgia's minimum wage is $7.25/hr lol. Nice try
847843ED-365D-411B-863C-03AF6055AA8D.jpeg

Pick any state. Express doesnā€™t pay very well to start.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I read the whole Fedex restructuring as more negatively impactful than UPS literally on strike for a short period of time, and this is after running a pitty-patty campaign about possible service disruptions.

I am curious about this "hybrid" model they say prevents folks from unionizing, is it the same as amazon?

Lates

They cut out paying the contractor. Offering health insurance or 401k is a benefit not a requirement.
No they donā€™t but there are other cost with having employees. Itā€™s cheaper for them to use contractors thatā€™s why they do it.

Lates

So if they paid you 10 an hour youā€™d do it ? Thatā€™s even cheaper
Why would they get rid of contractors what would be the end game. How would that save them money? Iā€™m not understanding your argument. Theyā€™ve established they are moving to this model.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why would they get rid of contractors what would be the end game. How would that save them money? Iā€™m not understanding your argument. Theyā€™ve established they are moving to this model.
There is this weird belief that making Ground drivers into FedEx employees is a solution to something that is never adequately explained.

Gone fishin

Letā€™s say you have a pizza place. You guarantee pizza in 30 minutes. You hire 2 guys making 7.50 and one making 25.
The 2 guys call out sick , constantly late delivering ( money back ) and could honestly care less.
The 25 dollar guy is a machine , but your place is going out of business because customers canā€™t take a chance on the 2 idiots.
Thatā€™s the best I can do , cheaper is not always better

Lates

Letā€™s say you have a pizza place. You guarantee pizza in 30 minutes. You hire 2 guys making 7.50 and one making 25.
The 2 guys call out sick , constantly late delivering ( money back ) and could honestly care less.
The 25 dollar guy is a machine , but your place is going out of business because customers canā€™t take a chance on the 2 idiots.
Thatā€™s the best I can do , cheaper is not always better
Iā€™m not saying itā€™s better but it is what is happening. Nothing about this makes me happy Fedex was supposed to be a safe choice job for me stable and dependable but it isnā€™t that. And in all honesty express has trouble finding employees who will show up to work. So once the good ones are gone there is probably no going back to the employee model.

Gone fishin

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s better but it is what is happening. Nothing about this makes me happy Fedex was supposed to be a safe choice job for me stable and dependable but it isnā€™t that. And in all honesty express has trouble finding employees who will show up to work. So once the good ones are gone there is probably no going back to the employee model.
So if express is having problems getting people , double that for ground. Right ? Get under one roof , quality pay will come with quality drivers and build the brand back