One big happy family šŸ™ƒ

Lates

So if express is having problems getting people , double that for ground. Right ? Get under one roof , quality pay will come with quality drivers and build the brand back
I understand what you are wanting to happen which would be good for us all but they are going the opposite direction. It isnā€™t the same company that employees used to incredibly loyal to. Itā€™s awful people been there 20 plus years are going to be unemployed unless they can find a transfer. But there isnā€™t enough opening for everyone who is being ā€œdisplacedā€ as they call it.

Gone fishin

I understand what you are wanting to happen which would be good for us all but they are going the opposite direction. It isnā€™t the same company that employees used to incredibly loyal to. Itā€™s awful people been there 20 plus years are going to be unemployed unless they can find a transfer. But there isnā€™t enough opening for everyone who is being ā€œdisplacedā€ as they call it.
Thatā€™s why the changes need to happen. To tell the truth , Iā€™m about out. Whatever happens wonā€™t affect me , I just hate it for the younger guys.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Iā€™m talking about vehicle capacity. I have a ton of extra. Express doesnā€™t have vehicles for their current volume. Ttku
Well youā€™ll be doing your share of trying to keep up once your staff all quits because of the war thatā€™s gonna start between Express and Ground. Sure you can fill those vehicles up all you want but finding enough bodies to drive them is another matter. Have fun delivering packages out there in BFE.

Last edited:

bacha29

This is essentially how it will work when we move into the Ground station at the end of May. We were told we would be delivering FO, DG, ASR, and ā€œcertain medical shipments.ā€ We will be picking up dropboxes, DG, and bulk Express pups of 200 pieces or more. Ground is doing everything else.
And they actually believe that the two of them are going to get along together. Clear evidence of just how far detached executives and senior management are from everyday operations.

Suppose you're a contractor. What do you think the reaction is going to be from your help when they discover just a few feet away are a group of guys making more per hour with benefits and have a shorter duration less labor intensive day ? They're going to have to put up a partition just to keep them apart from one another.

Or the building isn't big enough to park both Express and Ground trucks inside. So who's drivers are going to be left standing out in the rain loading their trucks themselves because handlers have been sent home? Here's a clue...It won't be Express. And who's trucks will be parked outside overnight and weekend in zero temps and won't start in the morning...It won't be Express.

Or you're a contractor and you caved into management's demands and you bought the biggest straight truck on the market to haul bulk only to discover that Express is taking it off of you despite the fact that you still owe on it for 3 more years.

What you're going to end up with in terminals under this arrangement is your own little caste system. Management has always had zero acknowledgement or respect for the fact that they had to ask you to invest your own money into this cluster fornication.

So goes oil as expected hits $100 so goes free ecommerce shipping.

The company knows it and knows that they are in one hell of vulnerable position. And the high profile, highly publicized so called "restructuring" is a con designed to try to keep the stock price from tanking while they desperately seek a genuine solution.

yadig

And they actually believe that the two of them are going to get along together. Clear evidence of just how far detached executives and senior management are from everyday operations.

Suppose you're a contractor. What do you think the reaction is going to be from your help when they discover just a few feet away are a group of guys making more per hour with benefits and have a shorter duration less labor intensive day ? They're going to have to put up a partition just to keep them apart from one another.

Or the building isn't big enough to park both Express and Ground trucks inside. So who's drivers are going to be left standing out in the rain loading their trucks themselves because handlers have been sent home? Here's a clue...It won't be Express. And who's trucks will be parked outside overnight and weekend in zero temps and won't start in the morning...It won't be Express.

Or you're a contractor and you caved into management's demands and you bought the biggest straight truck on the market to haul bulk only to discover that Express is taking it off of you despite the fact that you still owe on it for 3 more years.

What you're going to end up with in terminals under this arrangement is your own little caste system. Management has always had zero acknowledgement or respect for the fact that they had to ask you to invest your own money into this cluster fornication.

So goes oil as expected hits $100 so goes free ecommerce shipping.

The company knows it and knows that they are in one hell of vulnerable position. And the high profile, highly publicized so called "restructuring" is a con designed to try to keep the stock price from tanking while they desperately seek a genuine solution.
I agree and itā€™s not healthy to have division in a company. Morale is gonna get worse if they go to an all contractor model. I donā€™t really interact with many ground drivers and it seems they keep their distance also. I have more conversations with ups guys/gals and help them out with directions. Iā€™m a rtd though and it may be different between the couriers.

Aquaman

There is this weird belief that making Ground drivers into FedEx employees is a solution to something that is never adequately explained.
No matter what happens itā€™s going to be a disaster. Very little at this company is executed well. E-Star, response, step plan, TNT purchaseā€¦ itā€™s all a mess, every time. Business as usual is horrible to say to someone when theyā€™ve got their whole life tied up in this company. I wish they would just tell people the truth and stop trying to trick them into staying.

zeev

Tricking people into staying will be priority 1 at Express. iā€™m sure they will be told if you work real hard we might keep you. The truth is no one will compete with the cheap contractor model. The question is will the one year contract contractor model survive. Large semi truck companies built their fortunes on the owner operator system but the decline in willing suckers has forced many back to employees.

Thebrownblob

Tricking people into staying will be priority 1 at Express. iā€™m sure they will be told if you work real hard we might keep you. The truth is no one will compete with the cheap contractor model. The question is will the one year contract contractor model survive. Large semi truck companies built their fortunes on the owner operator system but the decline in willing suckers has forced many back to employees.
Too bad, you could not organize a national walk out.

Gone fishin

This whole thing could take years. Iā€™m also thinking test markets on if it can even work

Aquaman

Too bad, you could not organize a national walk out.
Thereā€™s too many people still here from when this was a good job. A lot of the higher seniority people didnā€™t save a dime. Make good money. And have the easiest routes. So staging a walkout would be almost impossible when half the drivers have it made and half do not.

Thebrownblob

Thereā€™s too many people still here from when this was a good job. A lot of the higher seniority people didnā€™t save a dime. Make good money. And have the easiest routes. So staging a walkout would be almost impossible when half the drivers have it made and half do not.

Yeah, Iā€™m aware and I understand that, but it seems they canā€™t see past the nose on their face. The sharp knives are out, and they cannot even hear the clanking of them rubbing together for them.

Aquaman

Yeah, Iā€™m aware and I understand that, but it seems they canā€™t see past the nose on their face. The sharp knives are out, and they cannot even hear the clanking of them rubbing together for them.
This has been on the horizon for forever. That has created a lot of delusion at this place. The old ā€œIā€™ll believe it when I see itā€. This company is going to layoff a big chunk of Express and eliminate a lot of full time positions. Routes will be cut, managment will shrink. Thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen. Express doesnā€™t save a dime at its current size.

lilwizbiz

This has been on the horizon for forever. That has created a lot of delusion at this place. The old ā€œIā€™ll believe it when I see itā€. This company is going to layoff a big chunk of Express and eliminate a lot of full time positions. Routes will be cut, managment will shrink. Thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen. Express doesnā€™t save a dime at its current size.
Express is the highest revenue branch of FedEx

fedx

Extra Large Package
Has anyone at Express seen them purchase a new step van in the last few years? Around here they arenā€™t even replacing the sprinters.

I could handle all the Express volume in my area tomorrow without having to purchase a single truck. Itā€™s crazy talk to think theyā€™ll move to an employee model.

I noticed a local station where I'm at bought a bunch of new vehicles late last year and they were all Sprinters instead of Isuzu Reaches. I thought at the time they must be anticipating hauling less volume. I knew it was because they were going to shift packages to Ground.

Commercial Inside Release

Or the building isn't big enough to park both Express and Ground trucks inside. So who's drivers are going to be left standing out in the rain loading their trucks themselves because handlers have been sent home? Here's a clue...It won't be Express. And who's trucks will be parked outside overnight and weekend in zero temps and won't start in the morning.
Welcome to UPS...