Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
we cant afford fossil fuels either. if we could the earth wouldnt have warmed 1.3 degrees. supposed to be 2 degrees by 2030 and 450 ppm.
CE83322C-3CEE-4EA1-B59B-AE884EB2C432.jpeg

rod

Retired 23 years
I sure hope my town don't see this. I'm sure they would go out and buy one because they have to have the latest and greatest fire equipment. A couple of years ago they spent 1.3 million dollars on a ladder truck. It replaced one that was in perfect shape. Between the 2 trucks they have been used ZERO times in a fire situation. All they are used for is to raise the ladder as high as it goes and hang an oversized Am. flag on it --maybe 3 times a year.

wilberforce15

I sure hope my town don't see this. I'm sure they would go out and buy one because they have to have the latest and greatest fire equipment. A couple of years ago they spent 1.3 million dollars on a ladder truck. It replaced one that was in perfect shape. Between the 2 trucks they have been used ZERO times in a fire situation. All they are used for is to raise the ladder as high as it goes and hang an oversized Am. flag on it --maybe 3 times a year.
But town pride!

(not that kind of pride)

newolddude

The amount of money my area spends on fire services is stupid. We have 3 different fire protection districts near us and they are so bored they usually show up at each other's calls. Two different houses by me have had kitchen grease fires that never get beyond the stovetop. Yet that gets 4-6 fire vehicles showing up.

wilberforce15

The amount of money my area spends on fire services is stupid. We have 3 different fire protection districts near us and they are so bored they usually show up at each other's calls. Two different houses by me have had kitchen grease fires that never get beyond the stovetop. Yet that gets 4-6 fire vehicles showing up.
It's all a big fat waste.

Until it's not.

wilberforce15

More of us own property, thus requiring property upkeep and other work/moves. Everything here is a longer distance. Each of our states are as big as their countries, so we need more space and bigger gas tanks, and the ability to do longer trips with larger groups of people.
This isn't hard. America is bigger, more spread out, and has more property owners. That's why the vehicles are bigger.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Listen, my small town could use some of the bored firefighters.
We only have two on-duty per shift ; to manage the Town's Ambulance, 3 fire trucks and a marine rescue squad with zodiac boat.
All while working out of a building that started its life as a WWII Motor Pool shack.
It would be nice to have all that equipment stored inside.
But the plans for a newer building are estimated at $5M+