Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Listen, my small town could use some of the bored firefighters.
We only have two on-duty per shift ; to manage the Town's Ambulance, 3 fire trucks and a marine rescue squad with zodiac boat.
All while working out of a building that started its life as a WWII Motor Pool shack.
It would be nice to have all that equipment stored inside.
But the plans for a newer building are estimated at $5M+
Gotta pay those municipal pensions

wilberforce15

The rural fire rigs are noted for saving your foundation, the well and the septic system. May as well kiss your house good-bye if you live more than a couple miles out of town.
I had to tell domino's to meet me at the abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town, so that I could drive in and meet them there for "delivery."

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1657036371211.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Uh-oh...
"This Day in History. July 6, 2017. You all forgot this, but not me. France announced it will end sales of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040. That is only 18 years away. No more. More gas stations, no more petrol, no more anything. Everything's going to be electric. So we, my crack staff, said okay, how are you doing on that, France? Well, gas powered vehicles are up in France, 12%. Okay. They're up, not down. And about 2% of vehicles on the road in France are electric. They plug in, and they're hybrids, 2%. So France, he's got a long way to go here to get all that gas vehicle stuff off.'' --O'Reilly

wilberforce15

Uh-oh...
"This Day in History. July 6, 2017. You all forgot this, but not me. France announced it will end sales of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040. That is only 18 years away. No more. More gas stations, no more petrol, no more anything. Everything's going to be electric. So we, my crack staff, said okay, how are you doing on that, France? Well, gas powered vehicles are up in France, 12%. Okay. They're up, not down. And about 2% of vehicles on the road in France are electric. They plug in, and they're hybrids, 2%. So France, he's got a long way to go here to get all that gas vehicle stuff off.'' --O'Reilly
I don't even know what point that clueless hack thinks he's making.

Ending sales by 2040 doesn't mean ending presence by 2040. And it's 18 years. What a complete maroon he is.

wilberforce15

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that American numbers and predictions are worse.
What's worse?

Trend matters. Capacity matters. 2040 is a long way off.

Tesla is expanding faster than Ford did when cars barely existed.

They're on pace to make a million EVs in the next 12 months in one single factory by itself.