Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

vantexan

Ford sucks. We leased 4 150s, 2 years ago at work. Switching from Toyota Tacomas. 3 of the 4 fords blew head gaskets. The 4 th had air conditioning problems. All had various problems. The suck, plastic, and cheap.
I've been partial to Ford having owned 2 of their cars and a pickup over the years. Had real high hopes for the little hybrid Maverick they recently released. Well they went cheap and had them built in Mexico. Things were selling out, selling like hotcakes. And now they're having all kinds of issues. Ford just recommended that if your hybrid Maverick is making funny noises shut it down and walk away immediately! There's typical Ford issues then there's the Maverick. Taking stupidity to new heights.

vantexan

While the Cyber may be superior to the Ford in every way, trying to educate the average motorist would be an extremely tough thing to do. Better to stick to what they know.
Average motorist? Pickup drivers overall aren't average. If they can advertise Ford tough or Chevy like a rock then they can run ads demonstrating superiority. Assuming they are.

newolddude

Average motorist? Pickup drivers overall aren't average. If they can advertise Ford tough or Chevy like a rock then they can run ads demonstrating superiority. Assuming they are.
Pickup trucks and SUV are sold through affinity marketing.

How many ads show trucks climbing mountains, forging rivers and hauling massive cargo when a high majority of truck owners will never do any of that?

I know far too many people who own trucks but they've never left the pavement, never towed and barely hauled anything in the back.

newolddude

I've been partial to Ford having owned 2 of their cars and a pickup over the years. Had real high hopes for the little hybrid Maverick they recently released. Well they went cheap and had them built in Mexico. Things were selling out, selling like hotcakes. And now they're having all kinds of issues. Ford just recommended that if your hybrid Maverick is making funny noises shut it down and walk away immediately! There's typical Ford issues then there's the Maverick. Taking stupidity to new heights.
Nuts.

vantexan

Pickup trucks and SUV are sold through affinity marketing.

How many ads show trucks climbing mountains, forging rivers and hauling massive cargo when a high majority of truck owners will never do any of that?

I know far too many people who own trucks but they've never left the pavement, never towed and barely hauled anything in the back.
Yet millions of people every day use trucks on the job. Haul tools, feed, you name it. If the Cyber Truck is superior in every way instead of just claims of such there should be no problem competing for that huge business.

newolddude

Yet millions of people every day use trucks on the job. Haul tools, feed, you name it. If the Cyber Truck is superior in every way instead of just claims of such there should be no problem competing for that huge business.
Yes and those people/companies are buying base/near base trucks because they're doing real work. The work that moves this country. Go to a Chevy or Ford dealership and try to find a base work truck for sale on the lot. If there is one it will relegated to the back corner and the salesmen will barely acknowledge it exists. I'm not bemoaning those trucks. Those trucks need to stay gal/diesel.

I'm talking about the cowboy Cadillacs. The $60,000+ King Ranch, Denalis etc that don't haul tools, feed, mulch, lumber etc. The trucks that are trucks but are treated like cars.

vantexan

I'm talking about the cowboy Cadillacs. The $60,000+ King Ranch, Denalis etc that don't haul tools, feed, mulch, lumber etc. The trucks that are trucks but are treated like cars.
And? They're super expensive like the Cyber Truck. If the Cyber Truck is superior in every way given how they're used then why aren't they being built? All kinds of claims made on this thread but where are the trucks?

newolddude

And? They're super expensive like the Cyber Truck. If the Cyber Truck is superior in every way given how they're used then why aren't they being built? All kinds of claims made on this thread but where are the trucks?
Elon Musk has a track record of making promises and not delivering.
-Cybertuck
-$30,000ish Tesla
-buy Twitter and bringing back Trump

wilberforce15

Elon Musk has a track record of making promises and not delivering.
-Cybertuck
-$30,000ish Tesla
-buy Twitter and bringing back Trump
The cybertruck and 30k Tesla aren't broken promises.

He lays out plans 10x faster than anyone on earth can deliver. Then when he follows through at 3x faster than anyone can deliver, he gets crap.

Fastest growing car manufacturer in history, including faster than the Model T ramp up, and yall complain.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1659109313794.png