Only 5% of next car purchasers expect to buy all electric cars-Road and Track.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the most miles I have ever had after a full charge. This may sound stupid but do battery packs "learn" over time and become more efficient? BTW, yes, it is 95 degrees here (Albany NY area) today and, yes, I set the governor at 75 mph and was sitting in the car with the driver's door open. I did get a text letting me know that my car was drawing very little charge and was probably fully charged.

Attachments

• Hyundai Kona EV.jpg
    Hyundai Kona EV.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 28

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Let's all take note that the 2013 Tesla has more current range on its decade old battery back than most new EVs do.

And the 2014 Ford you guys talked about that needed a new battery.

This car is a decade old and still better, faster, and longer range than new ones from inferior manufacturers.
Tesla is just that much better.
Not you guys, I couldn’t care less. Ford sucks. EVs at this point are an inevitability for some. Mass transit is the goal. Although an electric bus caught fire this week.

rod

Retired 23 years
Not you guys, I couldn’t care less. Ford sucks. EVs at this point are an inevitability for some. Mass transit is the goal. Although an electric bus caught fire this week.
Maybe in the big cities but it will always be individual vehicles in the country. If big cities don't already have mass transit, I don't see much more being added. Real-estate is just too valuable to give up and construction costs are too prohibitive. Minneapolis / St.Paul is learning this lesson right now.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe in the big cities but it will always be individual vehicles in the country. If big cities don't already have mass transit, I don't see much more being added. Real-estate is just too valuable to give up and construction costs are too prohibitive. Minneapolis / St.Paul is learning this lesson right now.
Hi rises are being zoned in suburban areas now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Due to that EV Bus fire last week.
CT Transit has grounded all EV Buses and replaced them with Diesel powered ones.
The EV buses only started service in Jan 2022.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

CT Transit has grounded all EV Buses and replaced them with Diesel powered ones.
This was more than likely done to allow the manufacturer to come in and do a thorough inspection of the remaining EV buses.
One step up, two steps back.
The EV fleet will be back up and running once they have all been inspected.

wilberforce15

New tech always generates silly regulations and stupidly cautious decisions from people uncomfortable with it.

Par for the course.

wilberforce15

Scotty Kilmer over on YouTube just reported that Tesla is refunding deposits for the Cyber Truck in Australia. Hmmmmm......
That dude thinks hydrogen cars will be a thing.
He is a hilarious nutjob.

But a nutjob.
Yes, Tesla can make two sedans for the batteries in one cybertruck, so they are producing more sedans and delaying cybertruck. More profits.

They are a business, you know.

vantexan

That dude thinks hydrogen cars will be a thing.
He is a hilarious nutjob.

But a nutjob.
Yes, Tesla can make two sedans for the batteries in one cybertruck, so they are producing more sedans and delaying cybertruck. More profits.

They are a business, you know.
But everyone knows the F150 is Ford's top seller. So why wouldn't Tesla put out a superior product and take that business? Isn't the factory in Texas dedicated to the Cyber Truck?