OOPS WRONG GUY! How Much Will His Payday Be?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
About the only country currently that's comparable on a mass scale is China. Sex trafficking is definitely a huge problem but when you talk about enslaving and dehumanizing an entire race there aren't any countries at this time that systematically mistreated slaves quite like the U.S. did at one time.
Thanks for the opinion.
Look up Barbary Slave Trade and Brazilian Slavery in the 1800's.
They didn't teach you/us this in US schools.

Who cares anyway?

rickyb

Banned
Much of the prison system is overpopulated because of unnecessary laws and a complicated legal system, from people who you love. You love government you love laws. Of course some laws are necessary. And many of those prisoners deserve to be there.

I do you wander How is someone who might’ve spent the last 15 or 20 years in jail because of marijuana feels now? Everything is dangerous and illegal until the government can make a dollar off you.
id have to brush up on michelle alexanders the new jim crow or chris hedges jail book. i cant recall why the prisons are over populated but id guess its good business, good for social control, racism, and remember it was right wingers like clinton and biden that voted to expand the prison system

Thebrownblob

About the only country currently that's comparable on a mass scale is China. Sex trafficking is definitely a huge problem but when you talk about enslaving and dehumanizing an entire race there aren't any countries at this time that systematically mistreated slaves quite like the U.S. did at one time.
Most slavery is underground now, because countries have bannned it , but that does not mean the practice is currently not happening.
Middle East. Islamic backed slavery advocated sexual mutilation, enslaved far more people over a much longer time, and was far more cruel than anything done in the Americas. But I digress slavery in America was brutal and disgusting.

vantexan

Thanks for the opinion.
Look up Barbary Slave Trade and Brazilian Slavery in the 1800's.
They didn't teach you/us this in US schools.

Who cares anyway?
Well aware. And I said there aren't any countries at this time. Also Brazil was a prime example of slaves having certain protections. Which is why there are as many of mixed race as there are whites and those considered purely African make up less than 10% of Brazil's population.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Go visit the Black Dolphin Prison in Sol-Iletsk, Orenburg Oblast, Russia.

vantexan

Where were the millions? I know it wasn't the US. Just wondering.
I made the point that nowhere in the world today are we seeing a race enslaved like blacks were in the Americas. Closest thing to it is China putting a million plus Uighur men in prison for essentially just being Muslims.

Thebrownblob

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Prevalence of Modern Slavery (by total number of slaves) - Global Slavery Index 2018:​

1. India - 7,989,000
  2. China - 3,864,000
  3. North Korea - 2,640,000
  4. Nigeria - 1,386,000
  5. Iran - 1,289,000
  6. Indonesia - 1,220,000
  7. Congo (Democratic Republic of) - 1,045,000
  8. Russia - 794,000
  9. Philippines - 784,000
  10. Afghanistan - 749,000

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Prevalence of Modern Slavery (by slaves per 1000 residents) - Global Slavery Index 2018:​

1. North Korea - 104.6 (10.46%)
  2. Eritrea - 93 (9.3%)
  3. Burundi - 40 (4.0%)
  4. Central African Republic - 22.3 (2.23%)
  5. Afghanistan - 22.2 (2.22%)
  6. Mauritania - 21.4 (2.14%)
  7. South Sudan - 20.5 (2.05%)
  8. Pakistan - 16.8 (1.68%)
  9. Cambodia - 16.8 (1.68%)
  10. Iran - 16.2 (1.62%)

Thebrownblob

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I made the point that nowhere in the world today are we seeing a race enslaved like blacks were in the Americas. Closest thing to it is China putting a million plus Uighur men in prison for essentially just being Muslims.
According to everything I've ever read, there were only a bit more than 500,000 brought to the US. We can round it up to 750,000 if you want and that is still a very low number.