Organizing was stronger before hoffa!!

fastlearner

That isn't the answer. I want Tim to tell us what he will get us. Locally, TDU negotiates horrible contracts.

Since you are talking Tim I assume its for the national election in which case I say the last national TDU person to negotiate a contract was RON CAREY for UPS. That strike taught UPS a lesson. Google it, you will see get a different perspective, I would have liked to have been in D.C. to hear the strategy. I'll put his UPScontact against any and all of Hoffa/hall

fastlearner

When you file a grievence for micromanaging what happens in your local

Today they work to get you under 9.5 because they don't want to pay. It could change tomorrow, just like service failures. One week they will send drivers out a second time to get the packages delivered, then next week a manager will come up with a creative way to sheet packages so they don't show up as service failures. Ask your OMS.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Since you are talking Tim I assume its for the national election in which case I say the last national TDU person to negotiate a contract was RON CAREY for UPS. That strike taught UPS a lesson. Google it, you will see get a different perspective, I would have liked to have been in D.C. to hear the strategy. I'll put his UPScontact against any and all of Hoffa/hall
What job do you do at ups?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Don't need to google it. hall did another great job negotiating in 97.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Don't need to google it. hall did another great job negotiating in 97.
hall was trained by Ron Carey. Carey appointed him package director because of TDU. Ron Carey was never a member of TDU, hall was.

hall worked for Quaker State filling up oil bottles . He never worked a day for UPS. When TDU endorsed Ron Carey to run the reform slate over hall in 1991 Hall was very upset. Hall didn't know a thing about UPS. TDU asked Ron Carey to bring Hall on board and he did. The 1997 UPS contract was negotiated by Ron Carey...not hall. Lets get the facts straight!

hall is so disliked in the West after the regressive healthcare we got, that Rome A led a delegation to the Las Vegas Unity Conference wearing Hoffa-Aloise shirts in opposition to hall. The West is not supporting Hall and that is for sure. Aloise tried to form his own slate but other than the West, he had no support elsewhere. He even called a meeting with Tim S and Fred Z who told him to go pound sand.

If Hoffa was to die before the next convention, you better bet Sean O'Brien and Rome A would have a battle over the Old Guard. Neither of them would support hall at the top. With Hoffa's current health issues...do not be surprised if he crokes before June 27, 2015. That would be an act of god.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
hall was trained by Ron Carey. Carey appointed him package director because of TDU. Ron Carey was never a member of TDU, hall was.

hall worked for Quaker State filling up oil bottles . He never worked a day for UPS. When TDU endorsed Ron Carey to run the reform slate over hall in 1991 Hall was very upset. Hall didn't know a thing about UPS. TDU asked Ron Carey to bring Hall on board and he did. The 1997 UPS contract was negotiated by Ron Carey...not hall. Lets get the facts straight!

hall is so disliked in the West after the regressive healthcare we got, that Rome A led a delegation to the Las Vegas Unity Conference wearing Hoffa-Aloise shirts in opposition to hall. The West is not supporting Hall and that is for sure. Aloise tried to form his own slate but other than the West, he had no support elsewhere. He even called a meeting with Tim S and Fred Z who told him to go pound sand.

If Hoffa was to die before the next convention, you better bet Sean O and Rome A would have a battle over the Old Guard. Neither of them would support hall at the top. With Hoffa's current health issues...do not be surprised if he crokes before June 27, 2015. That would be an act of god.
Come on Man???
That's was a good post until the last paragraph.

That was in poor taste.

hyena

I don't think Carey was tdu...

member6045

He may be but micromanaging is a violation of the contract, thus the term "slave'. After a certain point they can't pay me enough, my time is worth more than time and a half, unlike you I have a life outside UPS

Please show me what article micromanaging falls under? I don't believe there is anyone on the 9.5 in my center of 100 guys! Matter of fact! I don't see anyone killing themselves either! A fair days work for a fair days pay!! If you think ups is gonna give you money for nothing!!! Good luck!! Newbie! Keep sipping the tdu koolaide.

anHOURover

Please show me what article micromanaging falls under? I don't believe there is anyone on the 9.5 in my center of 100 guys! Matter of fact! I don't see anyone killing themselves either! A fair days work for a fair days pay!! If you think ups is gonna give you money for nothing!!! Good luck!! Newbie! Keep sipping the tdu koolaide.
You mean to tell me out of 100 guys you have no one who skips their lunch? Sorts their truck for free before start time? Clocks out at the airwall? I'm willing to put $ on my side of the bet !

Folks, that's what happens when you settle for mediocrity. You accept weak contracts that UPS offers. You accept split raises as acceptable. You accept an underfunded Teamcare. You accept weak language on technology and allow Sure Post and Access Point,etc which basically is outsourcing. Then when certain locals express their rightful dissatisfaction with elements of the contract, it is imposed on them!!
Sure you make a lot of money but you probably work 50-60 hrs a week. Hall didnt make that money for you...you earned it yourself. In fact I dont see any evidence of actual negotiating by Hall: the contract looks like something UPS offered and Hoffa/Hall just accepted. They accept it because they have become house slaves who wait around for the crumbs that UPS allows them and sells it to us field slaves as Prime Rib.
This membership will not be fooled any longer. Informed members will not accept mediocrity any longer. It's not just UPS Teamsters...it is Carhaulers, Mechanics, Public Sector, etc. No one is happy with the current "leadership".
The only question seems to be whether the rank and file will stick with a weak, tired leadership that they know or vote the bums out and vote for needed change that they do not know.
You say no one is happy with the leadership but I doubt Tims slate gets 15% of the votes. It will be a slaughter. And another thing mr. TDU. I make over a hundred grand a year because I chose for my wife not to work in order to be home with my children. This is a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Why must you vilify it. Being a man sucks but it comes from a very hard work ethic. It's not like I don't take about 9 weeks off a year. This is a very good lifestyle that so many man would love to be able to do and many women would kill to have. Keep reading your TDU. At least they will give you hope. Albeit false hope.

That's one of the things I don't like about tduers......do I want more money better Healthcare and a better pension.....of course everyone does.....but hoffa/hall gave us a good life......if hoffa/hall got us $5/hr raise the best Healthcare in the country and $10k a month pension the tduers would still be crying and complaining that they want more......they will never be happy
That's human nature.

wide load

Are you on drugs? Drunk?
Dropped out of school? Kerri? As in carey?
Or Kerri as in john Kerry?? Just get in from bullying members with Sean?
Your missing the whole point. I'm not going to help you. I believe zero of what TDUers say. They obviously can't think for themselves. And the worst ones are those that hide and claim they are not TDU.

anHOURover

Your missing the whole point. I'm not going to help you. I believe zero of what TDUers say. They obviously can't think for themselves. And the worst ones are those that hide and claim they are not TDU.
I've stated numerous times who I'm a fan of. I'm a fan of the way Zuckerman runs local 89 independently. NOt kissing the lawyers butt or Tdu 's! You always accuse brothers of being Tdu when the argument is not going your way!

wide load

I've stated numerous times who I'm a fan of. I'm a fan of the way Z runs local 89 independently. NOt kissing the lawyers butt or Tdu 's! You always accuse brothers of being Tdu when the argument is not going your way!
Call it what you will, it's all in your vocabulary. Think for yourself. If you need to repeatedly say the same thing post after post, your not looking deep enough for FACTS.

image.jpg
The GOP and electing these republican governors is the real consession. If anyone on here doesn't vote or isn't registered they better make arrangements. Your enemies are republicans.