OT Change in Administering

Integrity

Binge Poster
Seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to not work. Lol.

OT is a different issue than "extra work". Extra work is offered on seniority basis. OT is assigned on an @Operational needs basis, but if a higher seniority person who wants OT and is not getting as much as a lower seniority person, I think they have a basis to grieve being passed up for OT.
In my Local time off is given in Seniority order as well.

Karma...

I understand and respect seniority and the contract....However there are local situations and common sense solutions that have been agreed upon by the union and management benefits both......its called working together to find a viable solution which benefits all...and further more thanks to you Integrity as although I dont always agree with your intelligent posts I certainly understand where you are arriving from....

Inthegame

I understand and respect seniority and the contract....However there are local situations and common sense solutions that have been agreed upon by the union and management benefits both......its called working together to find a viable solution which benefits all...and further more thanks to you Integrity as although I dont always agree with your intelligent posts I certainly understand where you are arriving from....
The problem with changing any procedure affecting seniority is the adverse effects it has on those who lived under the old rules.

One makes sacrifices today for benefits tomorrow grasshopper.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The problem with changing any procedure affecting seniority is the adverse effects it has on those who lived under the old rules.

One makes sacrifices today for benefits tomorrow grasshopper.
“grasshopper” please tell me this is not a Kung Fu reference.

charm299

Seniority is the fairest way. Go by seniority so there is 'no' chance at favoritism.

Seniority gives you the right to extra work on your regularly scheduled workdays.

You'll be at the top someday
Favoritism reigns at my center. On car sup already said our seniority only counts for vacations and our business agent agrees with him

clean hairy

Seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to not work. Lol.

OT is a different issue than "extra work". Extra work is offered on seniority basis. OT is assigned on an @Operational needs basis, but if a higher seniority person who wants OT and is not getting as much as a lower seniority person, I think they have a basis to grieve being passed up for OT.
In the Southern, not word for word...
"When extra work is available, it shall be in seniority order"
"When time off is available, it shall be offered in seniority order"