Pension after Vacations

Concretion

I recently decided to retire from UPS before knowing all vacations must be taken before retirement. My spouse and I decided to an early retirement due to my health and physical changes my body. I still have vacations weeks remaining and need UPS to payout my vacations for the year 2024. My local has already requested my withdrawal from the union and insurance plan will have to be self pay out of my pocket. I'm passing the word along for anyone who might be retiring. Union representative might not tell you about some of the details involved. So good luck to anyone decides to retire earlier than planned.

Johney

Pineapple King
I was owed all 6 weeks of 2022 when I retired in Nov. 2021 Got a check midway through Dec. So having to take all vacation before retiring must be a local thing.

Thebrownblob

Eventually, everyone gets those checks, had a guy retire in the middle of the year because of health and hadn’t taken any of his vacations. About eight months later, he got paid and gave me a call. It was a very large check.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I recently decided to retire from UPS before knowing all vacations must be taken before retirement. My spouse and I decided to an early retirement due to my health and physical changes my body. I still have vacations weeks remaining and need UPS to payout my vacations for the year 2024. My local has already requested my withdrawal from the union and insurance plan will have to be self pay out of my pocket. I'm passing the word along for anyone who might be retiring. Union representative might not tell you about some of the details involved. So good luck to anyone decides to retire earlier than planned.
Did you ask your union representation about the details? I mean, you are a grown up? And why is your insurance out of pocket?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I really never thought about it. Everyone in my center that retired before me always vacationed out when it would be a one year contribution for them. No addition to your monthly check if it was not a full year.

In the Central Region at least, you don't earn vacation time per calendar year, you earn it seniority date to seniority date.
Every supplement is different so it's very hard to get a clear answer on here

I truly feel bad for this guy but he really needs to get informed before he pulls the trigger on retiring.

Especially if he's in that bad of health he definitely would want to consider taking out a higher survivorship rate, which isn't very cheap.

Coldworld

How many years do you have in with brown.