Pension changes?

100%

Your buddy didn’t invest in his retirement outside of the pension? That’s pretty bad. I know barring an unforeseen event, I’m not working past 60. 55 is my goal if my 401k is in good shape. Currently at a quarter mill with about 20 years left.
My advice, buy real estate, and stay away from a 401k.

AKCoverMan

I wouldn’t be too sure, moving the pension amounts up and age limits around was pretty high on the list of proposals.
Not so concerned about upping the contribution amounts (we are in both our local pension and the western conf) but I would like no more 2080 cap. I did 2455 hours last year, so I missed out on 375 hours of contributions and to add insult to injury thats basically the last six or seven weeks of the year….peak. Why should they get me on the cheap for working the hardest part of the year?

Thebrownblob

Not so concerned about upping the contribution amounts (we are in both our local pension and the western conf) but I would like no more 2080 cap. I did 2455 hours last year, so I missed out on 375 hours of contributions and to add insult to injury thats basically the last six or seven weeks of the year….peak. Why should they get me on the cheap for working the hardest part of the year?
Getting rid of the cap would be huge I agree

JR Ewing

Bingo. So many put nothing in the 401k. They say what do I need a 401k for. We get a pension. Lolz. I’m gonna make much more in retirement than I do working. Roth+SS which I pray the US govt doesn’t screw us and eliminate it+pension.

I see no way the govt can eliminate SS. It will be total anarchy. People will go ballastic. So lemme get this straight, I put all that money in the fund yearly for my entire working career and your friend ‘n me?
If they eliminated SS. Housing would decline as many seniors would be living in the streets

What'dyabringmetoday???

Never going to happen...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
24134347FjMtosLZ.gif