Photo of the day

oldngray

nowhere special
facebook.png

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
image.jpg

Saw this today on two packages for a res in a secure neighbor. Left both by their front door. I dislike companies trying to upgrade services without paying for them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then why give us the option in the DIAD to charge them correctly?

Why give us "other" "other" and then tell us we can't use it?

You can do what you want but I ignore any "instructions" printed on the package or address label and deliver according to the service level that the shipper paid for. The only exception I will make is if the package contains wine and the shipper for some reason or another did not select A8----I will change the service level in the DIAD and deliver accordingly.

Johney

Pineapple King

You can do what you want but I ignore any "instructions" printed on the package or address label and deliver according to the service level that the shipper paid for. The only exception I will make is if the package contains wine and the shipper for some reason or another did not select A8----I will change the service level in the DIAD and deliver accordingly.
Why have an edit button for deliveries but can't use it? This could go on and on with you. I'm done, pound sand DB.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I agree with you on ignoring written instructions and giving only the level of service the shipper has paid for.

However, I disagree with your changing the service level based purely on assumption, the package contents. It's neither our job nor, our responsibility to know what's in these boxes.

If you're manipulating a shipper's bill based on what you "think" may be in a package and, the shipper notices it, they could raise a question.

The kind of question that will earn you and your steward a sit down. Why make yourself vulnerable?

For a no nonsense type of guy, you do some nonsensical things.

Sent using a Potato

Johney

Pineapple King
Have you been told you're not allowed to edit stops?

Sent using a Potato
Have you ever Ni1 a sig required stop only to have the people pull into the the driveway as you were about to leave? In the past you could edit and cancel the ni1 and have them sign, now once you hit stop complete you have to void and start over. My point is this argument with Dave will go on and on and on. He is the resident know it all(in his world)and what he says is the gospel. I'm out.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Have you ever Ni1 a sig required stop only to have the people pull into the the driveway as you were about to leave? In the past you could edit and cancel the ni1 and have them sign, now once you hit stop complete you have to void and start over. My point is this argument with Dave will go on and on and on. He is the resident know it all(in his world)and what he says is the gospel. I'm out.

This is exactly the scenario I was thinking of. The impression I got from your post was that, you were told not to void stops and re-sheet them as duplicates.

Here's a beautiful waterfall to help get this thread back on topic... :)
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1411948081.371423.jpg

Sent using a Potato