Photo of the day

texan

Knob-Tail Gecko
knob-tailed-gecko_57274_990x742.jpg

texan

JD Power walks through corn loaded into his trailer near Athens, Georgia. The yields are down
this year due to the extremely dry month of June.
_62005924_hi015534287.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
JD Power walks through corn loaded into his trailer near Athens, Georgia. The yields are down
this year due to the extremely dry month of June.
_62005924_hi015534287.jpg

At least there is a reason for the tilted image.
I like how it allows for the tractor and other environmental aspects to be included without pulling back from the man who is one of the main subjects.

texan

Gabby Douglas. Looks like a photo by Time when she was at home at Virginia Beach months ago.
Gymnast Gabby Douglas photographed for TIME. © Martin Schoeller
Gabby-Douglas.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Her cheek bones and facial structure remind me of Michelle Obama. Also, she has a half smile that does the same.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you always this hyper political?

I wasn't trying to be political. Upstate is a Democrat and voted for Obama and it is what the Democrats say and in particular Tom Daschele.
She accomplished what she has through natural ability and very hard work and the help of many others but she did do it.
My thought was the "mooching" remark which will be more than paid back many times over.

Besides, you making that statement is the veritable "Pot calling the kettle black."
Next to TOS and MFE, you are the most hyper-political on this site.
Or were you just kidding?
Oh well, I already typed this out either way.

texan

Very creative. The sailboat picture is close to being a top-notch photo.
Atlanta has a very active community of photographers who take that media in to a different art form via Photoshop.
Good luck to Alex and hopefully he gets into one of the many top-notch photography schools in California.

18 and to have such an ability or vision. Amazing to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

18 and to have such an ability or vision. Amazing to me.

Yuuup.
It might be easier at that age since you have not been trained to see the world a certain way.
Kids are definitely more creative.
I've seen some very good work by kids under 10.

texan

Thousands of point elevation measurements from the laser altimeter onboard the Mars Global Surveyor
spacecraft were processed to create this computer-generated view of the largest volcano yet known in
our solar system, Olympus Mons. This volcano stands more than 90,000 feet above its base, and yet
its flank slopes are only about six degrees, similar to that of its cousin volcano Mauna Loa in Hawaii.

olympus-mons.jpg

Read more: Mars revealed: A stunning look at the red planet | Fox News