Photo of the day

texan

The Cap San Diego, an old banana freight ship, is illuminated in blue light during the biennial Hamburg
Blue Port installation in Germany.
_62263558_hi015719116.jpg

texan

'Old Ironsides' sets sail in Massachusetts
CNN) -- The USS Constitution, or "Old Ironsides," sailed under her own power Sunday for just the second
time in some 130 years.The Constitution set out on Boston Harbor in Massachusettsto commemorate the 200th
anniversary of her victory over a British frigate during the War of 1812. The battle earned
Constitution her "Old Ironsides" nickname.
120819095603-uss-constitution-01-story-top.jpg

texan

To be fair, the ship was towed out to open water and sailed for just a short period of time.

Sigh.. I will not post for a while as you have taken the wind out of my sails.

Thanks I really thought this was interesting and commerative post of US History, but I guess not with my
non fair news wire post report of what they posted.

I will email CNN of your displeasure with of the lack of fairness.
texan

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks I really thought this was interesting and commerative post of US History, but I guess not with my
non fair news wire pos report of what they posted.

texan

This story was in the online version of my newspaper this morning. It is still neat to see a 130 year old ship sail under it's own power. I have actually been on the USS Constitution--it is quite the sight to see.

non fair news wire post report of what they posted.

texan

Keep posting.

texan

A man walks on a highwire at Wendelstein near Bayrisch Zell, in the Bavarian Alps of Southern Germany.
5,900 feet up or 1,800 meters.
_62384822_hi015752056.jpg