Portable pension

NC man

my latest balance, interest is 1% basically , credit is close to 8% in one qtr. idk how this is figured but am I going to get credits of 8% per qtr going forward until they force us to 401k only?

You're vested in the plan.
Opening Balance as of Mar 1, 2021$82,551.85
Interest$825.47
Compensation Credits$5,763.50
Closing Balance as of May 31, 2021$89,140.82

McFeely

Huge Member
A5C4F6D2-CB18-4B4B-8640-EDDF76CD4F55.png

MAKAVELI

my latest balance, interest is 1% basically , credit is close to 8% in one qtr. idk how this is figured but am I going to get credits of 8% per qtr going forward until they force us to 401k only?

You're vested in the plan.
Opening Balance as of Mar 1, 2021$82,551.85
Interest$825.47
Compensation Credits$5,763.50
Closing Balance as of May 31, 2021$89,140.82
You must have started pretty old to be getting 8% and only 89k.

El Morado Diablo

You must have started pretty old to be getting 8% and only 89k.

You have it backwards.
He was probably in his mid-30's when they switched to the Portable pension and started in the 5% bracket. It's likely he only recently entered the 8% bracket. I'm in the same boat with a very similar balance.

Serf

Don’t we have another 2 weeks or so to decide on the switch? I’m tempted to move all to 401k, because a few more yrs down the road and I think the PPA will be gone too.

NC man

Don’t we have another 2 weeks or so to decide on the switch? I’m tempted to move all to 401k, because a few more yrs down the road and I think the PPA will be gone too.
Have not heard anything ,I know they delayed it though form last yr or early this year

vantexan

And if they get you to switch voluntarily you may miss out on the freebies they give to those forced out of the PPA to soften the blow. Certainly happened when they switched from the traditional to the portable pension.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And if they get you to switch voluntarily you may miss out on the freebies they give to those forced out of the PPA to soften the blow. Certainly happened when they switched from the traditional to the portable pension.
The called them ‘transition credits’.