Portable pension

falcon back

Forgot to mention, once you retire, you can also cash out your Traditional.

You can also retire and, within parameters, draw your pension and go back to work for Fred.
Thought they did away with the retiree casuals. I know even when they had the program, if you were on the retiree medical insurance, you could not be rehired.

vantexan

I was being genuine when asking to educated us. I couldn't find a simple thumbs up emoji. I assume you took it as an attack. Wasn't the intention.
Not trying to attack, but you want him to educate you, not educated. If you were educated you wouldn't have used the word educated incorrectly twice now. Not an attack, just trying to educate you!

FX’D UP

Forgot to mention, once you retire, you can also cash out your Traditional.

You can also retire and, within parameters, draw your pension and go back to work for Fred.
Did not think/know that you can cash out Traditional, they never have a cash value listed like they do with the portable. Traditional is a fixed set amount each month,and portable has cash value or annuity value/month.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Did not think/know that you can cash out Traditional, they never have a cash value listed like they do with the portable. Traditional is a fixed set amount each month,and portable has cash value or annuity value/month.
I was unaware also, until I retired. It was offered, I refused, as I opted for 100% survivor benefit.

FX’D UP

I was unaware also, until I retired. It was offered, I refused, as I opted for 100% survivor benefit.
Was your lump sum an attractive amount? My Portable right now is approx. 92k or $500/month, have no idea what the traditional lump sum would be for 28 Years? I do know what the annuity is however. Not something they are forthcoming with.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Was your lump sum an attractive amount? My Portable right now is approx. 92k or $500/month, have no idea what the traditional lump sum would be for 28 Years? I do know what the annuity is however. Not something they are forthcoming with.
Wasn't for me. Like I said, I opted for 100% joint/survivor so that my wife will continue to soak FedEx for my pension, hopefully long after I'm gone.

FX’D UP

Wasn't for me. Like I said, I opted for 100% joint/survivor so that my wife will continue to soak FedEx for my pension, hopefully long after I'm gone.
Nice.. I would think your wife has both portable and traditional and is still working, so nice options for both of you. Watch out your wife may want to knock you off when she retires!!:happy-very:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Nice.. I would think your wife has both portable and traditional and is still working, so nice options for both of you. Watch out your wife may want to knock you off when she retires!!:happy-very:
My wife has it made in the shade. She will have her Traditional, Portable, my Traditional/Portable (I chose annuity on PP), and Quattro pension from previous marriage.