Post 2018 Contract progression

RuthlessSupSlayer

Good evening all... I am wondering people currently in the driver progression could affected in regards to pay each year (stay the same or go up) and will I stay in the same term of 4 years now r will I be likely to fall into whatever they conjure up?

I understand that these are subject to change I am just looking for some sense of how this has worked in the past.

barnyard

KTM rider
In the past, the contract in effect when the driver hits seniority is the contract terms that the driver progressed at until reaching full pay.

I can guarantee that progression will not get shorter.

RuthlessSupSlayer

In the past, the contract in effect when the driver hits seniority is the contract terms that the driver progressed at until reaching full pay.

I can guarantee that progression will not get shorter.
thanks you think the pay will stay the same though? I doubt it will ever get shorter.

Cheech_

It's mostly Maui Wowie but part Labrador.
The "rumors" around my area are saying that they are returning to the 2 year progression for the simple fact that they can't get drivers.

RuthlessSupSlayer

The "rumors" around my area are saying that they are returning to the 2 year progression for the simple fact that they can't get drivers.

What type of source is this coming from?
1l8fog.jpg

barnyard

KTM rider

They will raise starting pay before progression is shortened. If progression is shortened, it will be the 1st time in the history of employment contracts that pay progression is shortened.

It is not that difficult to see the direction this contract will go, look at other contracts that have been negotiated in the last 12 months and see where the trends are.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If progression gets shorter, there will be a lot of very angry drivers. Not saying it shouldn't happen, but any driver hired under the current contract would be be out around $60k over their careers when compared to prior and future contracts.

My recommendation was to keep progression at four years for outside hires, all inside hires would have their years of service apply at some percentage towards full time progression (similar to how vacation is accrued), with a minimum of one year progression after going FT ground. PT Air drivers who have reached top scale before becoming FT ground should maintain their pay, and progress as above. This system makes more sense, and would lessen the impact felt by drivers hired under worse progression schedules.