Prayers for Birmingham facility

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It should not happen anywhere. No ones worth is measured by their job. My bosses can treat me bad all day, all night, every day, all week, all month. My worth is not projected on a report. My worth is in my heart, my family, my life, why isnt everyones, I do not know.
I do know that this isnt something that can be blamed on circumstances. It has to be blamed on ones own psyche. I know you wouldnt do it, I wouldn t do it, most on here wouldnt do it. Screw UPS, you are talking about the rest of your life............what makes someone do that, he was 45.....................????
A lot of wisdom in that post Tooner!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It should not happen anywhere. No ones worth is measured by their job. My bosses can treat me bad all day, all night, every day, all week, all month. My worth is not projected on a report. My worth is in my heart, my family, my life, why isnt everyones, I do not know.
I do know that this isnt something that can be blamed on circumstances. It has to be blamed on ones own psyche. I know you wouldnt do it, I wouldn t do it, most on here wouldnt do it. Screw UPS, you are talking about the rest of your life............what makes someone do that, he was 45.....................????
Yeah at age 45 if hes been working here long enough, should know how to deal with the mind games these idiots play and you should also know if you have a mental issue, you should seek and get the treatment not just for yourself but for the sake of your family and loved ones. I cant stress it enough of how cowardly an act this was by this individual.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Everyone, keep your hearts and minds open to all involved especially the families of the victims and shooter. What a shocking tragedy that needs banning together for prayer and support. Remember to be a good listener and help those who are troubled.

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
After everything that has happened to you at UPS , I am amazed at your attitude. You are one strong woman and should be proud to even function properly after the harrassment you have been through. You are alot more forgiving than most.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
After everything that has happened to you at UPS , I am amazed at your attitude. You are one strong woman and should be proud to even function properly after the harrassment you have been through. You are alot more forgiving than most.
That's because TT is cool and is genuine in her comments and has a beautiful dog to name a few lol.:bigsmile2:

wayfair

swollen member
I miss a female driver that had retired last year that had so much fight in her... I really can't still believe she did it... yes, there is waaaaay more to life than pushin cardboard

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I miss a female driver that had retired last year that had so much fight in her... I really can't still believe she did it... yes, there is waaaaay more to life than pushin cardboard
Pushing cardboard pays the bills and takes care of the family. That's why we work. You work to make as much money as possible to support your loved ones. Working is business nothing less nothing more. This job is a means to an end my friend. Nothing in life is forever, kind of like this job. That's the mentality you have to have with this job. May suck now but it wont in the end.

O

OLDMAN3

I have seen a driver a few days after his wife sustained a life threatening injury brought into the office and berated over his performance...while he was dealing with possibly losing his wife or at best having to care for her for the rest of her life. He exited the office crying his eyes out. No sympathy from management, we drivers figured they were trying to get him to quit when he was vulnerable.

Also a driver/reservist called up to active duty reporting at midnight the Friday of the Shock and Awe campaign. The war was new and full tilt and no one knew if our men would be lost in great numbers. UPS made him work that Friday while 4 supervisors sat on their asses in the office. Imagine not being allowed to spend that last day with your family!

There is no justification for this shooter's actions. But at the same time it just brings to a head the ongoing problem of a corporate culture that is seriously dysfunctional. We (hourlies and management) are human beings worthy of respect and dignity. It is time for this corporate culture to change.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah family always comes first. That's the most important thing in life really, pushing that cardboard is a distant 2nd that's for sure. We all drink out of that same dirty brown cup lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Because I realize that if I have no job, I still have my dog, my husband, and people who need me, whether I make 10k or 100k. I do not understand the people who think their job is their worth.
Yes people think I am amazing because I work for x company, my kids are proud I did the same thing for x amount of years, that is what I do to live, not what I live to do. Holding a grandchild doesnt cost a dime, and I can do that all day long. I have worth way beyond UPS.
I think with this job being so demanding, we forget what is really important. Its not the job. Thats all good if you have it. If you dont, its your love, your life, your experience, your stick to it ness, its your loyalty, your presence, that matters most.
I get much more enjoyment from a walk in the woods, and some from my job, but almost never from my supervisors, and I dont care.
I think that this website has made me realize my worth. Maybe if he had the place to vent we did, he could have fared better. He did and didnt know. I know its not for everyone, but it sure helps some of us, to see it is the same everywhere. Share this site, with others, some just need a place to vent. And when you see a newbie, embrace him/her.
This should never happen when there are people here who may not know you, but they will help you

ymelord

To the ones that say it is just a job, it's not for a lot of us. 30 years same route, most of my route I've known 3 generations. I'm invited to a lot of their family events.
I have been on UPS's wrong side before, relentless harassment, and finally fired, and rehired. I can understand how somebody could have a few other problems that I didn't have could lose it. I never wanted to kill anybody, but I wanted to beat the friend out of them, and would have if it hadn't been a woman.