President Trump

Box Ox

In a court of opinion? Most definitely. Ttku.....

I will never believe that Mueller would have bowed to the court of public opinion. And besides, if anything, that court was overwhelmingly in favor of the idea that Trump had colluded with the Russians to some extent. I believed it too. But I'm glad it wasn't actually the case. And I think it's in America's best interest to figure out how everything got started. Could be a Democratic President next time. Could be you or me. The integrity of the justice system is super important if we want America to have another 200+ years of existence.

The Democrats can't worry about trying to save face if they hope to win next November.

MAKAVELI

I will never believe that Mueller would have bowed to the court of public opinion. And besides, if anything, that court was overwhelmingly in favor of the idea that Trump had colluded with the Russians to some extent. I believed it too. But I'm glad it wasn't actually the case. And I think it's in America's best interest to figure out how everything got started. Could be a Democratic President next time. Could be you or me. The integrity of the justice system is super important if we want America to have another 200+ years of existence.

The Democrats can't worry about trying to save face if they hope to win next November.
You are making that assumption, without seeing the full report, based on a four page cherry picked memo written by an AG, , who has previously said on record a sitting president can not be charged with obstruction of Justice.

Box Ox

You are making that assumption, without seeing the full report, based on a four page cherry picked memo written by an AG, , who has previously said on record a sitting president can not be charged with obstruction of Justice.

Do you really think in this day and age that Barr would have left important facts out of his memo, thinking they'd be forever buried from other DOJ employees, Congress and the public?

And I'm no legal expert, but crying out for obstruction of justice charges seems a little silly if the suspected underlying crimes being investigated weren't even a thing.

MAKAVELI

Do you really think in this day and age that Barr would have left important facts out of his memo, thinking they'd be forever buried from other DOJ employees, Congress and the public?

And I'm no legal expert, but crying out for obstruction of justice charges seems a little silly if the suspected underlying crimes being investigated weren't even a thing.
Barr did exactly what he was hired to do. Until we see the full report, we'll never know the exact truth.

Box Ox

Barr did exactly what he was hired to do.

I've seen that line verbatim in article titles/headlines published today by the same press outlets that got the Russia stuff so wrong. It's catchy, but maybe also wrong. Do we really want the Democrats to overtake right wing religious zealots, militias and Alex Jones for the title of chief conspiracy theorist extraordinaires?

MAKAVELI

I've seen that line verbatim in article titles/headlines published today by the same press outlets that got the Russia stuff so wrong. It's catchy, but maybe also wrong. Do we really want the Democrats to overtake right wing religious zealots, militias and Alex Jones for the title of chief conspiracy theorist extraordinaires?
What do you think he was hired to do?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
55495131_10218863704488210_9121740152715083776_n.jpg

Box Ox

What do you think he was hired to do?

I think he was hired because Trump thought Barr might be favorable toward him based on his previous writings. That's how Trump appoints everybody. His administration is truly a swamp. But that doesn't mean Barr actually benefited him. Or that Mueller's report was altered.

Now if Mueller's report had said there was evidence of Russia collusion and Barr jumped on that, it would have been a big problem. But the report doesn't say that at all. I think the report's findings make Barr's presence as AG a pretty moot point.

House Democrats will no doubt call Mueller in to testify about report findings. I have no doubt he'll say the same thing Barr did in his memo today.

MAKAVELI

I think he was hired because Trump thought Barr might be favorable toward him based on his previous writings. That's how Trump appoints everybody. His administration is truly a swamp. But that doesn't mean Barr actually benefited him. Or that Mueller's report was altered.

Now if Mueller's report had said there was evidence of Russia collusion and Barr jumped on that, it would have been a big problem. But the report doesn't say that at all. I think the report's findings make Barr's presence as AG a pretty moot point.

House Democrats will no doubt call Mueller in to testify about report findings. I have no doubt he'll say the same thing Barr did in his memo today.
How do you know what the report says?
You’d deny it, wouldn’t matter if you had the original.

newfie

I think he was hired because Trump thought Barr might be favorable toward him based on his previous writings. .

I have a slightly different theory. I think Trump was looking for someone that had no connections with the Comey gang and had a great reputation. Thats why he went back and found an AG from the pre comey/ mueller days.

newfie

Okay boys and girls...I have plenty of safe places to rent, scores of coloring books and crayons. Sorry, teddy bears are in short supply, first come first serve. We are here to ease your traumatic emotional breakdowns at below market prices !

Box Ox

How do you know what the report says?

I know what the report doesn't say because of Barr's memo today. That there was no collusion. Mueller's conclusion. Not Barr's.

I think a scrubbed version of the full report should be released. One that doesn't reveal intelligence sources/methods or grand jury member identities. But Democrats and the press are likely just embarrassed and are hoping there are scraps of some other issue they can pull out of the report to investigate or spin/contextualize until the 2020 elections.

MAKAVELI

I know what the report doesn't say because of Barr's memo today. That there was no collusion. Mueller's conclusion. Not Barr's.

I think a scrubbed version of the full report should be released. One that doesn't reveal intelligence sources/methods or grand jury member identities. But Democrats and the press are likely just embarrassed and are hoping there are scraps of some other issue they can pull out of the report to investigate or spin/contextualize until the 2020 elections.
So you don't know what what the report "does" say. Got it.:weird:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Mueller said "no collusion". He did not say "no obstruction of justice". He left it up to Barr to determine Trump's level of obstruction, because Trump was not exonerated from obstruction. Predictably, a Trump appointee probably picked because he had said the president was above the law, delivered the opinion that Trump wanted. Almost predictable given Barr's past statements on presidential immunity. Why do you think he was picked anyway?

This isn't over, because the SDNY has all of the material Mueller referred to it . The mandate for the Special Counsel was very specific. Crimes or suspected crimes had to be farmed out to agencies not under the restrictions of the Special Counsel guidelines. Enter the SDNY.

Cohen, Manafort, and all the rest who could be charged, including Trump if they choose not to adhere to the "sitting president" loophole that Mueller adhered to. TTKU if you can.