President Trump

Box Ox

Mueller said "no collusion". He did not say "no obstruction of justice". He left it up to Barr to determine Trump's level of obstruction, because Trump was not exonerated from obstruction.

There's zero chance obstruction charges will come if the investigation probably shouldn't have happened in the first place. And Republicans will probably get working on that end of things ASAP. I don't want Democrats to be slogging through a "Did Trump obstruct?" morass when they should be focusing on actually beating Trump next November. Because he's definitely not going anywhere now.

This isn't over, because the SDNY has all of the material Mueller referred to it . The mandate for the Special Counsel was very specific. Crimes or suspected crimes had to be farmed out to agencies not under the restrictions of the Special Counsel guidelines. Enter the SDNY.

Agree. But I don't know what cases/evidence might or might not be tossed if Republicans do trace the Mueller investigation back to faulty roots. Evidence and cases sometimes get tossed because law enforcement didn't stick to Constitutional processes. Searches without warrants, obtaining a warrant under false pretenses, eliciting false testimony, not Mirandizing the suspect, etc.

oldngray

nowhere special
2c9f2be8d73f6.png

newfie

I know what the report doesn't say because of Barr's memo today. That there was no collusion. Mueller's conclusion. Not Barr's.

I think a scrubbed version of the full report should be released. One that doesn't reveal intelligence sources/methods or grand jury member identities. But Democrats and the press are likely just embarrassed and are hoping there are scraps of some other issue they can pull out of the report to investigate or spin/contextualize until the 2020 elections.

This whole read the report nonsense is a red herring . A consolation prize for the snowflakes that cant accept that they put up an awful candidate in 2016.

MAKAVELI

If you think there's some sort of bombshell Barr is hiding you're probably in for a lot more disappointment. Mueller will testify before House members either way.
Bombshell? Probably not. But obviously more to it than Barr's four page cherry picked memo.

newfie

If you think there's some sort of bombshell Barr is hiding you're probably in for a lot more disappointment. Mueller will testify before House members either way.

we've been promised secret bombshells for 2.5 years now. I cant believe they're style running that play