President Trump

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Obviously you don't accept science, because evolution is easily observed through scientific study. You choose to make it a philosophy because science doesn't square with faith. In fact, your description here would reduce evolution to a matter of faith, which it is not. Do you have faith the world is only 6,000 years old or does the science that easily disproves that allegation without merit?

And to FM's point, many religious people do see the Bible as inerrant, so what do you do about them?

It's a science.
I accept all science. I don't accept evolution. It is not a science.

Please tell me what scientific study was done or has been done where evolution has been observed .

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Please tell me what scientific study was done or has been done where evolution has been observed .

We can directly observe small-scale evolution on organisms with short life cycles. It cannot be observed directly long-term because humans don't live long enough for direct observation.

Straw man argument.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It can be observed scientifically. Evolution cannot.

Oh, so you could observe an Asian developing epicanthic folds as they adapted? No, not possible. Only evolution can explain it. A long-term adaptation manifests itself as physiological change over long periods of time. The only reason evolution cannot be directly observed is because nobody lives hundreds of thousands of years. That's where scientific research enters the picture.

Fossils, Leakey, and all of the other proof you deny.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Col. 3:16 "For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him."
No argument. My point was that everything that exists today didn’t have to exist at Genesis, just that its origin did. Mutations, cross breeding, adaptations all allow for variations to expand the species we know today. If that’s evolution, so be it. The sole source of life is our Creator, not a happenstance fluke of nature.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No argument. My point was that everything that exists today didn’t have to exist at Genesis, just that its origin did. Mutations, cross breeding, adaptations all allow for variations to expand the species we know today. If that’s evolution, so be it. The sole source of life is our Creator, not a happenstance fluke of nature.

Then your argument is Scientific Design by the Creator. Correct?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Then your argument is Scientific Design by the Creator. Correct?
Science says that entropy is a measure of disorder, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that all closed systems tend to maximize entropy.

Do you see complete disorder in our world and the universe we can see?

So, no, scientific design falls short. Intelligent Design by an omnipotent Creator is more logical. We are not the equal to our Creator, we are merely created in His Image and Likeness. Demanding God reveal Himself on our terms is futile, if not sacrilegious.

vantexan

Science says that entropy is a measure of disorder, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics states that all closed systems tend to maximize entropy.

Do you see complete disorder in our world and the universe we can see?

So, no, scientific design falls short. Intelligent Design by an omnipotent Creator is more logical. We are not the equal to our Creator, we are merely created in His Image and Likeness. Demanding God reveal Himself on our terms is futile, if not sacrilegious.
But we do describe God in our terms when we don't truly know the nature of God. God could be an extremely advanced civilization who visited here long ago and set things in motion with our development. We honestly don't know.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
But we do describe God in our terms when we don't truly know the nature of God. God could be an extremely advanced civilization who visited here long ago and set things in motion with our development. We honestly don't know.
Did that extremely advanced civilization create the universe? Then not God.

Don’t go Giorgio A. Tsoukalos on me!

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Sounds like Prometheus. Which was a TERRIBLE movie btw though I will admit it has grown on me over the years. Still. Scott lost his way with the Alien franchise.

newfie

We can directly observe small-scale evolution on organisms with short life cycles. It cannot be observed directly long-term because humans don't live long enough for direct observation.

Straw man argument.

nothing in the bible that says creatures are not allowed to evolve or adjust to changing conditions.

evolution as science tries to define it, has to start with creatonism. you have to prove mother nature can create a life from nothing. you cant do it. its impossible to create life from nothing as mans theory of evolution mandates it.

the science that debunks your theory of evolution stares you in the face you just choose to look away.