President Trump

bbsam

Staff member
Truth be known...No power on earth can stop this virus..It is an aerosol, which means if somebody is infected and sneezes even with a mask on and somebody 3 hours later breathes in that area they could potentially catch it. Try to remember back in March when our medical responders dress in Ebola suits and still caught it.

There is a hope that this influenza virus will mutate into something less dangerous, but as far as containing it no way, it is like trying not to catch the seasonal common cold, how’s that been doing since the dawn of time?

Any suggestion by either party that they would of made any significant differences with lives lost is pure fabrication. Right now the Democrats are just playing politics with this issue to get to the White House where they will not do anything more different than Trump to protect Americans.
Science says you’re wrong.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
White House chief of staff just told Tapper that the US government has given up any attempt to contain the virus. They’ve given up, surrendered. Interesting closing campaign move.
What Trump should have done from May1st onward!

CNN - White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Sunday that the US is "not going to control" the coronavirus pandemic, as cases surge across the country and nearly 225,000 Americans have died from the virus.
"We are not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas," Meadows told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

And this is why it is political. The president knew what the WHO knew.
From the article:

"only a tiny fraction of infected people do not show symptoms and that they do not seem to be accounting for much transmission."

The false claim of asymptomatic/presymptomatic spread is the entire premise behind the excessive actions taken by most states and countries. The WHO knew back then such spread was rare and wasn't driving the spread. It's also the premise behind masking. I don't remember anyone saying that we shouldn't isolate symptomatic people, which is basically all this article says should be necessary to contain the virus, beside contact tracing and cancelling large events. It's locking down healthy people that and mask mandates that people have been arguing against, and this article does not suggest either. But this article is old, and they are finding that the belief that the virus can be contained pre-herd immunity is incorrect.

The article also straight up says asymptomatic spread is what makes flu uncontainable, and that if asymptomatic spread of covid were happening, it, too, would be uncontainable. But that is the exact opposite of what everyone else has been saying about it. They say we must lock down healthy people because they could be asymptomatic spreaders. That people without symptoms must wear masks because asymptomatic spread is possible. If you want to use this article, it actually supports Trump's response to the pandemic, and most states and countries go way beyond what this article says to do, and even base decisions on the opposite of what this article says.

Last edited:

It will be fine

From the article:

"only a tiny fraction of infected people do not show symptoms and that they do not seem to be accounting for much transmission."

The false claim of asymptomatic/presymptomatic spread is the entire premise behind the excessive actions taken by most states and countries. The WHO knew back then such spread was rare and wasn't driving the spread. It's also the premise behind masking. I don't remember anyone saying that we shouldn't isolate symptomatic people, which is basically all this article says should be necessary to contain the virus, beside contact tracing and cancelling large events. It's locking down healthy people that and mask mandates that people have been arguing against, and this article does not suggest either. But this article is old, and they are finding that the belief that the virus can be contained pre-herd immunity is incorrect.
How do you explain the countries where it has been contained?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Can you be more specific? It seems to me that a lot of countries who thought they had it contained are seeing second waves. But, from my research, it seems like the only factor that has an unmistakable relationship to the spread of respiratory illness is absolute humidity. The drier the air, the more infectious the virus.

It will be fine

Can you be more specific? It seems to me that a lot of countries who thought they had it contained are seeing second waves. But, from my research, it seems like the only factor that has an unmistakable relationship to the spread of respiratory illness is absolute humidity. The drier the air, the more infectious the virus.
New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Vietnam. They’ve all done a pretty good job of containing the virus.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Containing or controlling the effects of the virus of our population has to do a lot with the land mass and the density of each countries major cities. New Zealand and Australia are fairly large but are isolated land masses, South Korea and Vietnam are small than the state of Ohio. I presume that the New York City population by itself is larger that New Zealand's, that is an estimate that I will test on google search.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Containing or controlling the effects of the virus of our population has to do a lot with the land mass and the density of each countries major cities. New Zealand and Australia are fairly large but are isolated land masses, South Korea and Vietnam are small than the state of Ohio. I presume that the New York City population by itself is larger that New Zealand's, that is an estimate that I will test on google search.

A quick follow up..New York City by itself has a population of 18,804,000..New Zealand is set at 5,000,000.

South Korea is the size of Indiana.

Vietnam is the size of California.