President Trump

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i like the corporate tax going to 21 person and immediate expensing, those are good for the economy, the small business stuff is good, dont like the hedge fund stuff, the child tax credit is good

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Obama's stimulus gave more substantial tax cuts to the 'middle-class'.

This new 'tax-reform', which isn't reform at all, gives 80% to the uber-rich and corporations.

We could have a substantive discussion about 'supply-side' or 'trickle-down' economics, but the simple fact is this new tax deal is crap.
Who's arguing raising taxes on corporations?
Some guy named BrownArmy?
Doesn't sound like him.
Incorrect.

Show me where I said anything close to that.

I'll save you the trouble - I never said it.
Didn't think so ... you seem fairly intelligent.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i like the corporate tax going to 21 person and immediate expensing, those are good for the economy, the small business stuff is good, dont like the hedge fund stuff, the child tax credit is good
The hedge fund stuff doesn't even apply really ... more likely S-Corps and REITs in particular.

Jkloc420

It's a straw man built by @Jkloc420, it's what you do when you don't like an argument, make up a new one to argue against.
it isnt a straw man any tax deduction is going to look more for rich people 1 percent of 2 million is more the 1 percent of 2000, so of course it will give more money back to rich people

BrownArmy

500 is more then i have now, are you in a blue state

I'm in one of the bluest of states, MA.

Honestly, for me, this tax 'change' is basically a wash.

I'll save a little money in 2019, a little less in 2020, etc, until I'll end up paying more after 20-whatever.

This tax-bill isn't for you or me.

Jkloc420

I'm in one of the bluest of states, MA.

Honestly, for me, this tax 'change' is basically a wash.

I'll save a little money in 2019, a little less in 2020, etc, until I'll end up paying more after 20-whatever.

This tax-bill isn't for you or me.
time will tell

BrownArmy

i did the calculator, ill get back 2000 grand when i do my taxes

And this short-term thinking nonsense is what the Republicans are hoping for in the mid-term elections.

Yes, you'll get $2K this time, less next year, etc, until you'll end up paying more taxes in eight years.

(Hopefully in eight years you'll have improved your financial situation so that $500 isn't a big deal to you).

Again, this bill isn't for you or me, but I'm glad you were won over with a cookie.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
And this short-term thinking nonsense is what the Republicans are hoping for in the mid-term elections.

Yes, you'll get $2K this time, less next year, etc, until you'll end up paying more taxes in eight years.

(Hopefully in eight years you'll have improved your financial situation so that $500 isn't a big deal to you).

Again, this bill isn't for you or me, but I'm glad you were won over with a cookie.

Just as silly is you predicting what it's in our future... Bahhhhh... Booooo...Lulz.

floridays

Please explain this magical eight year scenario, and how it came about.