PT to FT question

BeachBoy

With layoffs on the way, I decided to go full time in my hub for job security, so I bid for a job that I knew I had th seniority to get.
So, I filed for an option week and three weeks of vacation.
Well, I got the bid, they are letting me have the option week and one week of vacation and paying me out for the other two.
Do I go back to one option week and one vacation week next year, or do I keep vacations based on my years of service?
I'm in the Central.
Thanks.

With layoffs on the way, I decided to go full time in my hub for job security, so I bid for a job that I knew I had th seniority to get.
Well, I got the bid, they are letting me have the option week and one week of vacation and paying me out for the other two.
Do I go back to one option week and one vacation week next year, or do I keep vacations based on my years of service?
I'm in the Central.
Thanks.
What FT job did you take?

Brownwind

I'm in the Central.
Thanks.
Smart move protecting yourself. You should get your weeks back next year.

BeachBoy

What FT job did you take?
A kinda sucky one, but that is pretty much the business. Could have gone RPCD years ago, but, friend that. I have drivers tell me they are impressed with me throwing irregs all these years and I say, you guys are the ones that have to deal with the :censored2: weather 9 months out of the year.
I'll be sorting 6-10, and loading trailers for mid. Hoping to get the second half changed, since I am a trained? Clerk.

PT Car Washer

A kinda sucky one, but that is pretty much the business. Could have gone RPCD years ago, but, friend that. I have drivers tell me they are impressed with me throwing irregs all these years and I say, you guys are the ones that have to deal with the :censored2: weather 9 months out of the year.
I'll be sorting 6-10, and loading trailers for mid. Hoping to get the second half changed, since I am a trained? Clerk.
Good luck getting second half changed to a clerk position. Someone will grieve it. Sure the job sucks but when you hit top rate you will be making $85k/yr for a 40 hour week.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Pretty sure I got paid out for my part-time weeks when I went full-time and basically went a full year with no vacation.
Maybe that was the case but it's so long I don't recall. Of course when I went FT I only had two weeks of vacation. Back then it took us 10 years to get a 3rd week.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Maybe that was the case but it's so long I don't recall. Of course when I went FT I only had two weeks of vacation. Back then it took us 10 years to get a 3rd week.
Yes. They are correct. You don't lose them, but contract states once gaining seniority, you are not eligible to take vacation for 1 year.

DOK

I'm in the Central.
Thanks.
What layoffs are on the way that I keep hearing?