PVD’s...are we done?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I’m not unemployed lol I have other work lined up, and I’m stealing work from season drivers as a pvd? How the :censored2: does that make any sense. What’s the difference between me and a seasonal driver, or seasonal driver helper? Seems like there’s just a whole lot of saltiness towards people getting to use their own cars. Seniority I guess but we’re only drivers for about a month and a half out of the year basically so how is that :censored2:ing up seniority
There’s no saltiness from anyone about you “getting to” use your car.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is absolutely not true, and I would like you to share the article you are citing.
Driver helping does count as extra work, and as such belongs to the inside employees first.
Seasonals get what the inside employees cannot handle.

Your supplement may be different as to how they assign the helper work, that doesn't change the fact that your job is not "driver helper". This is what my rider says:

" From November 15 through December 31st, regular part-time employees may be used as helpers solely at the discretion of manage- ment, and if so used, shall receive $13.00 (thirteen) dollars per hour."

If your's is different, more power to you.

More to the point, if you think PVD's are stealing work you should have the right to, then you need to grieve it. Let me know the response from your BA.

Last edited:

Yolo

I have no issue with PVDs. They have kids to feed too. Be mad at the union and UPS for allowing PVDs. Dont be mad at the dude that saw a job advertised on Facebook. A "scab" to me would be someone working while we were on strike. Not a seasonal employee.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have no issue with PVDs. They have kids to feed too. Be mad at the union and UPS for allowing PVDs. Dont be mad at the dude that saw a job advertised on Facebook. A "scab" to me would be someone working while we were on strike. Not a seasonal employee.

If anyone is going to be mad about PVD's they need to be mad about all seasonal drivers. Why stop there? They should also be mad about all seasonal workers.

Queso

I never understood why people have had such a problem with PVD's "stealing work" but never complain about seasonal drivers who drive rentals or package cars for the same thing.

Exactly. Never seen shade thrown at seasonal drivers pulling up in u haul trucks

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Man, we could be brothers! I said almost the exact thing like a few weeks ago.

PVD Advice

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They sent a PVD to me once this peak, first time I've seen them. He asked me if I could put in a good word for him so he could get hired FT. :teethy:
So, knowing the person for IDK 3-5minutes, if you really were to put in a good word for him, what would the one word be that might get him hired?

My word would be, overoptimistic

Queso

NICE!!!!

You showed up with the Uhaul like I suggested and just started load S* and running your own route.

Yep. Took all the heavy backbreaking 2 man loads too and told management I wanted to lift 90 pound boxes instead of going to the gym. I also brought my dog with me into the warehouse

Runne

Heard a rumor that a few pvds may be kept permanently and join the union? They would be used to accommodate drivers requesting relief of overtime. Is this just a lie or?