Question on Edibles: Purely Hypothetical

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sorry! My technical skills went on vacation. What I meant was:

Picture this:

Someone just got home from delivering joy and happiness. Their wife prepared a delicious dinner. At the same on the same stove She was also making edibles for herself. The arrivee disliked how pot made them feel and hasn't used or taken anything but doctor-prescribed medication for many years. They also want to keep their job.

Tired arrivee hears wife describe the pesto she made. Did she say she mixed it into the dinner? Or was it the green, simmering liquid in the pan? They gleefully added a few tablespoons mixed into everything. The food was great.

FAST FWD: 25 Minutes

Pressure at both temples and an odd light feeling. Thinking it over, they asked on which burner the edibles simmered. The answer was unpleasant. But nothing like the six hours that followed. One edible teeming with THC is to a joint what an friend-16 is to a Yugo. Very strong, over the limits of safety. A terrible night began.

Pure hypothesis and speculation, but how long does THC stay in your system?

Was "your friend" still feeling the effects when he wrote this? :lol:

Artee

No. They use to do randoms but quit many years ago.
They haven't quit, but it will depend on your license. If you have a CDL you will still get randoms. I get one or two a year. The stations have gotten so many Sprinters and smaller trucks in, that they don't require a CDL license anymore, therefore most drivers do not have to take a physical nor participate in random drug tests. I hear the new electric vehicles will require drivers with a CDL, so you are going to find more stations having more drivers going back to the old ways.

If you come into work under the influence of something and people report it to a manager, they will take you down to get tested. CSA just got fired for this recently.

Stat41

They haven't quit, but it will depend on your license. If you have a CDL you will still get randoms. I get one or two a year. The stations have gotten so many Sprinters and smaller trucks in, that they don't require a CDL license anymore, therefore most drivers do not have to take a physical nor participate in random drug tests. I hear the new electric vehicles will require drivers with a CDL, so you are going to find more stations having more drivers going back to the old ways.

If you come into work under the influence of something and people report it to a manager, they will take you down to get tested. CSA just got fired for this recently.
In my area they haven't done randoms in years. I have a CDL and it doesn't happen here. We use to get them frequently after returning from vacation.

Fergus Mahoney

Hell in my station guys come in reeking of alcohol. We even had a guy doing hard :censored2:, couldn't even back his truck up in his spot to unload. Someone would have to do it for him. He went away to rehab, came back and sideswiped a school bus and put his truck into a house. Managers knew and joked about it. On another note we had a cover driver refuse to do something management told him to do. We had a big station meeting about insubordination the next day. That courier is now our senior manager. No joke. I have no respect for this company anymore.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We had people that should have been fired that got into management positions. One had too many accidents and could never complete his p/u route without major assistance. The other constantly released DSR packages and bitched all the time.

MassWineGuy

Hell in my station guys come in reeking of alcohol. We even had a guy doing hard *, couldn't even back his truck up in his spot to unload. Someone would have to do it for him. He went away to rehab, came back and sideswiped a school bus and put his truck into a house. Managers knew and joked about it. On another note we had a cover driver refuse to do something management told him to do. We had a big station meeting about insubordination the next day. That courier is now our senior manager. No joke. I have no respect for this company anymore.

How is he as SM? I’d think he could be pretty good if he rebelled like that.

I’m going to tell my manager about my experience. I trust her. But not until another three weeks goes by and it’s definitely out of my system.

dezguy

Hell in my station guys come in reeking of alcohol. We even had a guy doing hard *, couldn't even back his truck up in his spot to unload. Someone would have to do it for him. He went away to rehab, came back and sideswiped a school bus and put his truck into a house. Managers knew and joked about it. On another note we had a cover driver refuse to do something management told him to do. We had a big station meeting about insubordination the next day. That courier is now our senior manager. No joke. I have no respect for this company anymore.
I have always said, if the police wanted to nail quite a few people, they could set up a check point on the road my station is on on a Monday and probably take close to half the driver's off the road, with the amount of alcohol still in their systems from the weekend.

Fergus Mahoney

I’m going to tell my manager about my experience. I trust her. But not until another three weeks goes by and it’s definitely out of my system.
He's alright I guess. I mean they are all out of touch with the reality of this company. They are more focused on stupid :censored2: like break compliance and missed scans. Which all comes from staffing issues.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

If you like your manager, don’t tell her until months down the road. Don’t put her in the position of having to discipline you if not necessary.

Stat41

This is what I have been saying for years, good couriers stay good couriers, bad couriers go into management. Or many of the new managers have NEVER been couriers. This company has become a comedy of errors. And its really showing lately.

Stat41

If you like your manager, don’t tell her until months down the road. Don’t put her in the position of having to discipline you if not necessary.
I would counsel not to tell her, ever. There is nothing at all to be gained by telling her. You have a right to be silent. It would be wise to exercise that right.

dezguy

I would counsel not to tell her, ever. There is nothing at all to be gained by telling her. You have a right to be silent. It would be wise to exercise that right.
Bang on.

Management doesn't need to know what goes on while you're at home.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He's alright I guess. I mean they are all out of touch with the reality of this company. They are more focused on stupid * like break compliance and missed scans. Which all comes from staffing issues.
When the SM here comes out on the sort (rarely) he’s checking shoes and socks for compliance.

THIS is who’s running this company!