Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
5eaedb89cd734046889704a4a3027501.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The complete Law & Order boxed set is now available for only $300. The perfect gift for someone unaware of the existence of USA Network.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When my coworker answered his phone, the confused woman on the other end asked, "Who is this?"

"This is Steve. With whom did you wish to speak?"

After a pause: "Did you just say whom?"

"Yes I did."

The woman replied, "I have the wrong number," and hung up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Secrets Hospitals Won't Tell You........

1. For complex surgical procedures, you're generally better off at teaching hospitals, which usually stay at the forefront of health research.
Medical students and residents ask questions, providing more eyes and ears to pay attention and prevent errors. Teaching hospitals have lower complication rates and better outcomes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Secrets Hospitals Won't Tell You........

1. For complex surgical procedures, you're generally better off at teaching hospitals, which usually stay at the forefront of health research.
Medical students and residents ask questions, providing more eyes and ears to pay attention and prevent errors. Teaching hospitals have lower complication rates and better outcomes.

Pretty sure I don't want to let someone who's only surgical experience is playing "Operation" performing surgery on me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The chief of surgery at a teaching hospital can operate on me anytime.......you're assuming students operate on you. Looks like assume only makers an a*z*z out of you!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some hospitals do not let you bring your regular medications from home.....pills like diabetes control, cholesterol meds,
etc. They want to supply your daily meds and the charges can be horrific. The itemized hospital bill will say how much.

moreluck

golden ticket member
#26 ......Your surgeon may be doing someone else's surgery at the same time as yours. We're talking about complex, long, highly skilled operations that are scheduled completely concurrently, so your surgeon is not present for half of yours or more. Many of us have been concerned about this for decades. Ask about it beforehand.
~Marty Makary M.D.~