Random Facts

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Molson Canadian
BEER FACT: Canadians drink enough beer annually to fill nearly 1000 Olympic swimming pools
With Canadian urine? I know someone out there thought this same thing. BTW, this Klein fact is certainly something something that makes ALL Canadians proud, Eh?

DS

Fenderbender
With Canadian urine? I know someone out there thought this same thing. BTW, this Klein fact is certainly something something that makes ALL Canadians proud, Eh?
You don't know the half of it Steve,picture this.going to the old farm in January,no fridge required.
The snow keeps it nice.
May you have to swim 1000 Olympic pools filled with canuck pee.
what puts the ape in apricot?
whuddya got that we aint got?:wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)

DS, just 5 or 6 cents move up on the cdn dollar, and you can officially say you earn more then an American UPS driver .
You'll be over US$30/hr. :)
When that moment hits, you must post it here as a fact !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You don't know the half of it Steve,picture this.going to the old farm in January,no fridge required.
The snow keeps it nice.
May you have to swim 1000 Olympic pools filled with canuck pee.
what puts the ape in apricot?
What we don't have, you can keep. His name starts with a K and ends with an N, and it ain't Kanadian!

moreluck

golden ticket member

A Trip Through Nebraska
from a Postmasters point of view

This past summer, I traveled throughout the colorful State of Nebraska, in search of a Blue Hill , a Red Cloud , or a Silver Creek , but what I stumbled across was Clay Center, Brownville, Greenwood, and Roseland.

I began my trip by traveling Inland , and then headed south to North Loup , then north to South Sioux City. I got turned around in Loup City , headed the wrong direction out of South Bend , and back on track at North Bend . It was then I discovered that West Point is in the east, Central City was off Center, Malcom isn’t in the middle, and the Brady bunch lived east of North Platte.

There were towns along the way that really rocked. Guide Rock, Rockville, Table Rock, and Keystone : but, to my Surprise , there was no rock at Plymouth .

The weather cooperated for the most part, but after a heavy rain, the flood Gates opened and flooded the Valley with Clearwater . I was then stuck in White Clay for a day. McCool Junction was like . . . Burr .

The trip wasn’t without Hazard though. I had to Dodge a Beaver Crossing the Wood River (probably on his way to Beaver City ). Had the Dickens scared out of me by an Archer with a Broken Bow , chased up an old Oak tree by a Bassett hound, suffered an allergic reaction to Angora wool, kicked by a Holstein , fell from a Butte , stung by a Bee , had to wade through Broadwater, pooped on by an Eagle , pricked by a Rose , stepped on by an Angus , attacked by a Gibbon , experienced the Pierce of an Elkhorn . Took a bad tumble in Falls City , but was back on my feet at Rising City . Had to fight my way out of Battle Creek , nearly met my Waterloo when I was mobbed at Lynch , and almost drowned in Weeping Water .

Although I didn’t have the time to visit every Nebraska City , I was still able to Foster an Alliance with many a new Friend. The people in Laurel and Hardy really made me laugh, but those in Crab Orchard were a bit grumpy. Folks in Homer were a big hit. At times I was treated like a Champion and shown the Royal treatment. Received a nice greeting in Valentine, but the town I was most attracted to had to be Magnet .

I always had plenty of food and drink along the way. Everything from Concord grapes to Bartlett pears, black Angus steaks to Hershey bars. Never had to Cook and never had to open a can of Worms .

The Nebraska nights were awesome. Auburn sunsets and Sterling moons. From the Flats in the east, where the Aurora borealis unfolds into Plainview , to the Western hills where you can see the Sparks coming out of CHIMNEY ROCK

The entire Nebraska adventure was like a Page out of history. After passing through Colon , I realized my trip had just come to . . . the end!

klein

US Teenage pregnancy facts today on CTV news:

US teen pregnancy is 3 times higher then in Canada
Twice as high then in Pakistan
5 US States have a higher pregnancy rate then Botswana.

Only half of them will finish Highschool
Only 1 out of 50 will finish college/university

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Teenage pregnancy rates in the US as a whole have actually dropped in the past few years; however, teen pregnancy rates for Hispanics has increased dramatically.

klein

The U.S. is suppose to ban all smoking by 2020.....stay away Klein.

That's why I love Mexico or Cuba as a vacation place much better.
Smoking allowed EVERYWHERE !
In the bars, disco, at the pool or ocean, in rooms, even restaurants.
I have not taking advantage of in room smoking , nor resturant, unless it was outside.

But, Florida isn't bad, you can smoke at the beach.. unlike "clean" California ! LOL

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That's why I love Mexico or Cuba as a vacation place much better.
Smoking allowed EVERYWHERE !
In the bars, disco, at the pool or ocean, in rooms, even restaurants.
I have not taking advantage of in room smoking , nor resturant, unless it was outside.

But, Florida isn't bad, you can smoke at the beach.. unlike "clean" California ! LOL
You just made a post in favor of smoking. While you're reading "facts" about, and hating on the U.S., have you not come across the warning signs and harmful effects of cigarette's? Do you not know that people, even some of the very people on this forum, have cigarette related illnesses? Dude, it's 2011, smoking isn't cool anymore!

DS

Fenderbender
McDonalds 1/3 pounders are here!
get it in ya

Angus Deluxe opens up the bidding with 750 calories, 350 from fat, 39 grams of total fat, 135 grams of cholesterol, and 1700 mg of sodium.
The Angus Mushroom and Swiss counters back with 770 calories, 360 from fat, 40 grams of fat, 135 grams of cholesterol and 1170 mg of sodium.
In a last ditch effort, the Angus Bacon and Cheese closes it out with 790 calories, 40 from fat, 145 grams of cholesterol and an astounding 2070 mg of sodium.

raceanoncr

Don't blame me this time.

Been shootin blanks for a lot of years now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Joy of almonds

Almonds have as much protein per ounce as red meat. Adding almonds into your diet has shown to help reduce the risk of heart attacks by as much as 50%. This result is due to the good-for- your-heart vitamin E found in almonds. Monounsaturated fats can decrease your bad LDL cholesterol levels and increase your good HDL cholesterol levels. Antioxidants help keep your arteries young.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Rearrange these words: 1) PNEIS 2) HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE...

Did you read: Spine, lither, ginger and subtext? LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
Q: How many American astronauts have walked on the moon?

A: Twelve, between July 1969 and December 1972. In order of their lunar visits: Neil Armstrong, Edwin Aldrin, Charles Conrad, Alan Bean, Alan Shepard, Edgar Mitchell, David Scott, James Irwin, John Young, Charles Duke, Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt.