Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
I didn't think that was allowed in California.
I think this is part of that Alberta Clipper only in the form of rain here, not snow.

"Seems it never rains in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours."

texan

Remember that song It Never Rains In Southern California?
Ironically perhaps, it was written by an Englishman - Albert Hammond - who had yet to actually travel here when he came up with those words.
True - it is not actually about the weather, but it has probably done more than any other ditty to uphold the image of Los Angeles as some sort of palm-fringed paradise with nary a cloud in the sky.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember that song It Never Rains In Southern California?
Ironically perhaps, it was written by an Englishman - Albert Hammond - who had yet to actually travel here when he came up with those words.
True - it is not actually about the weather, but it has probably done more than any other ditty to uphold the image of Los Angeles as some sort of palm-fringed paradise with nary a cloud in the sky.
When in actuality, everybody knows it's further south of L.A. that's actually paradise on earth!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brown eggs come from hens with red feathers and red ear lobes; white eggs come from hens with white feathers and white ear lobes. Shell color is determined by the breed of hen and has no effect on its quality, nutrients or flavor.

over9five

Staff member
Brown eggs come from hens with red feathers and red ear lobes; white eggs come from hens with white feathers and white ear lobes. Shell color is determined by the breed of hen and has no effect on its quality, nutrients or flavor.

"Brown eggs are local eggs, and local eggs are fresh!"

Remember that little song from some commercial? Apparently, that dairy had the red feathered/earlobe hens!

texan

What produces those green eggs? :happy2:

texan

Venus is the hottest known planet in our galaxy - not Mercury - due to the
carbon dioxide gases that trap heat from exiting its atmosphere. Mercury is closer to the sun, but Venus is 863 degrees. OUCH!!!!:angry:

over9five

Staff member
Florida?

Oh, and here's some randomness. I'm finally back at the BC. Couldn't get in here for the past couple of days.

Me too. I thought they banned us!!!! REALLY, some server thingy BC uses had a bad whachamacallit.

Venus is the hottest known planet in our galaxy - not Mercury - due to the
carbon dioxide gases that trap heat from exiting its atmosphere. Mercury is closer to the sun, but Venus is 863 degrees. OUCH!!!!:angry:

Note to self: Don't forget sunblock when visiting Venus.