Retirees in the Buff

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had an old Chevrolet, I'm thinking it was about a '59. They didn't even need keys to start them. My father left a watering hole down the street from our house once and got into his car (he thought) drove it home and when he got home, he realized it wasn't his car. He drove it back to where he got it, parked it and got in his car and drove it home.

oldngray

nowhere special
We had an old Chevrolet, I'm thinking it was about a '59. They didn't even need keys to start them. My father left a watering hole down the street from our house once and got into his car (he thought) drove it home and when he got home, he realized it wasn't his car. He drove it back to where he got it, parked it and got in his car and drove it home.

I suspect alcohol was involved.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I had skates and never used one of those.
If you went ice skating and didn't have a boyfriend to tighten the laces on your skates, you could get by with this tool. They did a good job at tightening things up for you. This was a central city rink, not a frozen pond in the middle of nowhere. I've done both.

moreluck

golden ticket member
5b6977ac5205e95ebbc6390825a8268f.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
...if you are talking about those so-called "death panels" I fully support the rationing of care, especially in cases where the administration of such care would not make a noticeable difference in their overall condition...
No one mentioned "death panels" but you!!!

Don't worry, you will blink and be 65 and then you can tell IVE and the younger ones how you feel about geriatric care!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No one mentioned "death panels" but you!!!

Don't worry, you will blink and be 65 and then you can tell IVE and the younger ones how you feel about geriatric care!!

Like it or not health care is a business and it just does not make economic sense to spend $$$ on someone who is expected to die within the next 3-6 months.