Retirement process

ImDone

Thinking of retiring here in the next month or as soon as possible. Can someone tell me how fast or slow the process is ? Can I just stop working as soon as I put in my paperwork while I'm waiting on my first check ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thinking of retiring here in the next month or as soon as possible. Can someone tell me how fast or slow the process is ? Can I just stop working as soon as I put in my paperwork while I'm waiting on my first check ?
You can’t be serious. You want to retire next month and you have no idea how to go about it.
Do some research
SMDH

oldngray

nowhere special
Mine had to be submitted at least 90 days before my exit date.
Mine you could start the process 90 days out but they just sat on everything until the last 30 days. Expecting you could get any problems straightened out after you retire.

One thing you can do is put in an earlier date than expected so you can see some real numbers then move back the date to when you really expect to retire.

ImDone

Mine you could start the process 90 days out but they just sat on everything until the last 30 days. Expecting you could get any problems straightened out after you retire.

One thing you can do is put in an earlier date than expected so you can see some real numbers then move back the date to when you really expect to retire.
Thank you

cynz

It takes about 90 days, most of us will wait till our seniority to get all of our vacations and sick days. You need to do retirement and your healthcare together. If you make a mistake I heard, you have to start over.

It takes about 90 days, most of us will wait till our seniority to get all of our vacations and sick days. You need to do retirement and your healthcare together. If you make a mistake I heard, you have to start over.
Measure twice cut once

Trust me I understand want to get out of this place we got to make sure you do it the correct way

ImDone

Be sure and send it Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.
.....so they can't say, "....oh...but....we didn't get that.".

The Post Office says you did......

Trying to be helpful.
Thanks ! Yes I called HR today and said I could do it that way or on the UPSers website

ImDone

Who do I call about the insurance ?

rod

Retired 22 years
From past experience you will be treated like you are the first person to ever retire from UPS. Nobody will know anything and paperwork will get lost. Make copies of EVERYTHING and don't get your hopes up about a smooth retirement. I've heard it has happened but that is not the norm. I was advised to start the process 6 months early and it took all of that plus 27 more days that I shouldn't have had to work for me to get proof I was eligible for full retirement. Good luck---you will need it.