retirement

falcon back

Tell me this...do you have to leave the company but then delay taking your pension? In other words do they give the extra 10% as an incentive to delay because they aren't giving you the full amount? It sounds like you are planning to continue to work at FedEx thinking you'll get an extra 50%+ if you wait 5 years to retire. You might want to get that clarified. You may be in for a shock if you continue to work then find out you're only getting what you would have gotten 5 years before. And in my case at 55 I had to take it because I needed the income. And there was nothing other than it increased 3% until 60 given to me as info.
Why are you asking me? I am a lying person that has no idea what he is talking about. Remember telling me that?

vantexan

Do you remember posting this? Well I WAS 100% correct. You have your doubts because you live in a car.

I posted it, you called me a liar numerous times.
Doodlebug confirmed it, you called me a liar.

NC confirmed it, I imagine I am still a liar.
If you are right then my bad. Until NC man posted something official though I had no reason to believe you because you are constantly twisting people's words trying to get at them. The company still lied to tens of thousands of us and you still attack us in any way possible. So please understand that I doubt everything you say because you have proven repeatedly that you are untrustworthy and deceitful. But as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

vantexan

Why are you asking me? I am a lying person that has no idea what he is talking about. Remember telling me that?
In other words you don't know. It doesn't affect me at all but you may want to get that clarified whether it only increases if you leave the company but then delay your pension. And get that in writing.

falcon back

Funny that you never mentioned that you talked to retirement last week until now. NC man got the same info the rest of us got. I would urge anyone curious or concerned to call retirement administration. Ask them something like if they are supposed to get $30,000 a year at 60 will they get $33,000 at 61 if they wait until then? With compounding will they get $60,000 at 67 if they wait to take their pension? Tell them you got it on good word from some old fart that FedEx is eager to give retirees much more in retirement if they are willing to wait. That this old fart says there's even a chart online that states this. Be prepared for a lot of laughter and quoting the line in Forest Gump where the man asks Forest if he's stupid or something?!!
Texan calling me stupid here.

falcon back

Tell me this...do you have to leave the company but then delay taking your pension? In other words do they give the extra 10% as an incentive to delay because they aren't giving you the full amount? It sounds like you are planning to continue to work at FedEx thinking you'll get an extra 50%+ if you wait 5 years to retire. You might want to get that clarified. You may be in for a shock if you continue to work then find out you're only getting what you would have gotten 5 years before. And in my case at 55 I had to take it because I needed the income. And there was nothing other than it increased 3% until 60 given to me as info.
I will be nice and answer your question. I DO KNOW THE ANSWER. You must retire at 60 or any age and delay drawing your pension. There is no increase if you keep working. If you retire at 60, your pension increases for every year you delay. If you keep working and draw your pension the next month, no increase.

falcon back

No, said someone calling Retirement Administration and asking them about what you posted would be called stupid.
Because they took advice from a liar. I was not gonna do what NC did and post my chart. Doodlebug said she saw it with her eyes, you continued calling me a liar and said people can post anything. NC called Retirement and got BAD INFO. my exact words. Seems like Andrea was her name. I was called a liar. NC got his password and checked himself. His chart CONFIRMED retirement gave him bad info and that I was right.

vantexan

I will be nice and answer your question. I DO KNOW THE ANSWER. You must retire at 60 or any age and delay drawing your pension. There is no increase if you keep working. If you retire at 60, your pension increases for every year you delay. If you keep working and draw your pension the next month, no increase.
Thank you, and it must be nice to have had the topped out income that allowed you to save more in your 401k plus get more in your portable so that you would have income while you wait. Plus you got a full 25 years on your traditional.

falcon back

If an employee is crazy enough to work till 70, they can draw their salary, their Traditional and Portable and SS all at the same time with no penalties. No idea who is that nuts.

vantexan

Because they took advice from a liar. I was not gonna do what NC did and post my chart. Doodlebug said she saw it with her eyes, you continued calling me a liar and said people can post anything. NC called Retirement and got BAD INFO. my exact words. Seems like Andrea was her name. I was called a liar. NC got his password and checked himself. His chart CONFIRMED retirement gave him bad info and that I was right.
And again anyone can say anything and since you've proven yourself untrustworthy constantly spinning others' words I have no reason to believe you until shown something official from someone believable. See how that works? I hope you get every penny coming to you and I hope you realize someday that everyone else would have liked to have gotten a similar deal but were deceived into believing they would until the company could get to where it wanted to be without losing too many angry employees.

dezguy

I was right you jerk. You continued to call me a liar. I was right all along. Your numbers grow every year regardless of how long you wait. Roughly 10% for Traditional, 4% Portable.
If you aren't a liar, why did you lie about your wife winning the lottery and you retiring? You've stated a few times now that you are working pt. Still not going to address that, huh?

If the shoe fits...

falcon back

And again anyone can say anything and since you've proven yourself untrustworthy constantly spinning others' words I have no reason to believe you until shown something official from someone believable. See how that works? I hope you get every penny coming to you and I hope you realize someday that everyone else would have liked to have gotten a similar deal but were deceived into believing they would until the company could get to where it wanted to be without losing too many angry employees.
So doodlebug was lying as well. I am sure she would be glad to know that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Joe owes Tim $10,000. Joe offers to pay Tim $1000/month for 10 years.

Tim says, no, I'll wait 5 years, then you can pay me $2000/ month for 5 years, and I'LL DOUBLE MY MONEY!

Isn't that a GREAT SYSTEM???????

falcon back

Joe owes Tim $10,000. Joe offers to pay Tim $1000/month for 10 years.

Tim says, no, I'll wait 5 years, then you can pay me $2000/ month for 5 years, and I'LL DOUBLE MY MONEY!

Isn't that a GREAT SYSTEM???????
If you understood how a pension works you would see your example is flawed. There is no set amount the pension stops at. It ends at death. The longer you live, the more you get. Get a 5th grader to explain it to you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If you understood how a pension works you would see your example is flawed. There is no set amount the pension stops at. It ends at death. The longer you live, the more you get. Get a 5th grader to explain it to you.
And the longer you wait, the closer you are to your death. You go ahead and gamble with the money and your life expectancy. Meanwhile, I'm already living large on my pension. Hope there's still some pension money left when you decide the time is right.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So you believe that when a company solicits job seekers, and agrees to provide stated benefits and wages to secure their labor, that they are not obligated to provide those benefits and wages other than as an enticement for the prospective employee. That once the services of that job seeker is attained, that they can withdraw any or all agreed upon benefits and wages.

Then you have absolutely no integrity.

As though they said, "Hey, let's lure in some new people with this and then change it!!!!" They are obligated to make decisions that they think are best for the company. It's no different than hiring a guy on a route that normally gets 46 hours a week and and at some point changing it to a 4X10 or vice versa. No different than offering a M-friend route and eventually changing it to Wednesday off and adding Saturday as a work day.

They didn't tell me "Here's a bunch of promises and none of them will ever change" when they hired me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah right. Choose between staying in traditional or going to new portable pension. About a year or so later...ok, you who chose to stay in plan are going to go into new plan in spite of choosing to remain in the traditional. Here's some extra money over the next five years to soften the blow. You who chose to go into the new plan voluntarily? You don't get any extra money. See, it's fair because everyone gets screwed! But don't worry, you who were topped out after 2-4 years will get 3% raises on better pay. You who have been working 10+ years on much less pay will get 2% raises. You might top out in 30 years if you hang in there! Yep, nothing wrong here, move along.

You're leaving out the part where you, as a topped-out employee who'd be getting those 3% raises on better pay, left the company and you're still complaining about the effects of it 20 years later.