retirement

vantexan

Yes it’s on you. You failed to save, you failed to find a better job, you failed to adequately prepare for retirement. Crying about the only company that would hire you is absurd. Expecting a corporation to care about you is absurd. Own your failures and stop trying to blame some outside force, the choices were all yours.
Who says I failed to save? It was a matter of much of my time at FedEx not being paid enough to save adequately. Who says other companies wouldn't hire me? I was offered a job by a UPS mgr in Emporia, KS. I couldn't imagine living in Emporia the rest of my life so turned him down. At the time they were only a few dollars an hour ahead of us and I thought FedEx was the better company overall. Big mistake. And I didn't seek out that job. I worked really hard and his employees told him about me. Stopped me on the street and asked if he could buy me lunch, wanted to talk about giving me a job. You like to get your little digs in but I have nothing to be ashamed of with my work ethic. And if a corporation tells you over and over that if you put in the time you get this and this, and you don't, you have every right to be critical. Telling someone to stop criticizing a corporation for acting in bad faith is what's absurd. If you, bad fart, and book'em Dano are going to attack others for being critical I'm going to bring this up. You can't get around the fact that FedEx screwed over people in its quest for profit so you attack the critics personally. Frankly it says a lot more about your character than mine. And just so we're clear, I have been planning to live overseas for 25 years. Getting a full pension was central to that. FedEx did their best to convince me that would happen. I'll be ok, but would have had it much easier if they had lived up to their word.

vantexan

Out of the hundreds, if not several thousand couriers I worked with, YOU are the only one I know that lives in their car. That tells me it's YOUR fault, not the company's.
I'm traveling around while waiting for a job that starts in October that will pay me enough to pay off a credit card and pay for air travel to Argentina. I've always wanted to see the northern Rockies and was curious about a lot of towns up here. I could have sat at home and put up with being super quiet for almost 12 hours a day while my wife and stepdaughter did their call center jobs from home. And as they're stressed about being cooped up at home instead of going to work they deal with it by smoking pot. Not my thing and I don't like being around them when they're high other than its better than when they're angry. I will continue to make the $230 payment on the Element and when it's paid off in 18 months my wife will sell it and keep the money. I figure to have $20k saved by 62 then will take my SS early and put my pension into savings and figure to have about $140k in savings by 67 not counting my inheritance which will be around another $70k. That savings wouldn't happen staying in the States. I'm also paying $45k total on a Honda CRV that will be paid off when I'm 64. There you have it. I'm sure you'll attack it and spin it but that's just what a person does who claims to be a Christian but doesn't act like one.

Nolimitz

I'm traveling around while waiting for a job that starts in October that will pay me enough to pay off a credit card and pay for air travel to Argentina. I've always wanted to see the northern Rockies and was curious about a lot of towns up here. I could have sat at home and put up with being super quiet for almost 12 hours a day while my wife and stepdaughter did their call center jobs from home. And as they're stressed about being cooped up at home instead of going to work they deal with it by smoking pot. Not my thing and I don't like being around them when they're high other than its better than when they're angry. I will continue to make the $230 payment on the Element and when it's paid off in 18 months my wife will sell it and keep the money. I figure to have $20k saved by 62 then will take my SS early and put my pension into savings and figure to have about $140k in savings by 67 not counting my inheritance which will be around another $70k. That savings wouldn't happen staying in the States. I'm also paying $45k total on a Honda CRV that will be paid off when I'm 64. There you have it. I'm sure you'll attack it and spin it but that's just what a person does who claims to be a Christian but doesn't act like one.

Just curious why you stay married (and pay bills) to a sponge and her kid? I would have been gone long ago

vantexan

Just curious why you stay married (and pay bills) to a sponge and her kid? I would have been gone long ago
My grandparents were married 65 years. I waited a long time to get married and for better or worse. And for religious reasons I won't divorce except for infidelity. I don't hate my wife, and I understand why she did what she did to get us married. I don't believe in divorce, my entire family except my grandparents and one aunt got divorced and it was miserable for years. I don't have a problem with separation on occasion however. As far as the bills I made a commitment to pay what I'm paying on. It is what it is.

falcon back

Who says I failed to save? It was a matter of much of my time at FedEx not being paid enough to save adequately. Who says other companies wouldn't hire me? I was offered a job by a UPS mgr in Emporia, KS. I couldn't imagine living in Emporia the rest of my life so turned him down. At the time they were only a few dollars an hour ahead of us and I thought FedEx was the better company overall. Big mistake. And I didn't seek out that job. I worked really hard and his employees told him about me. Stopped me on the street and asked if he could buy me lunch, wanted to talk about giving me a job. You like to get your little digs in but I have nothing to be ashamed of with my work ethic. And if a corporation tells you over and over that if you put in the time you get this and this, and you don't, you have every right to be critical. Telling someone to stop criticizing a corporation for acting in bad faith is what's absurd. If you, bad fart, and book'em Dano are going to attack others for being critical I'm going to bring this up. You can't get around the fact that FedEx screwed over people in its quest for profit so you attack the critics personally. Frankly it says a lot more about your character than mine. And just so we're clear, I have been planning to live overseas for 25 years. Getting a full pension was central to that. FedEx did their best to convince me that would happen. I'll be ok, but would have had it much easier if they had lived up to their word.
You continue to blame your financial situation on the company, meanwhile I know dozens of retirees that are doing just fine. Some of those only had the Portable so dont blame not having a full Traditional for your money woes. The ONLY person to blame for your poor financial situation is the person you see in the rearview mirror each morning when you wake up in the parking lot.

vantexan

You continue to blame your financial situation on the company, meanwhile I know dozens of retirees that are doing just fine. Some of those only had the Portable so dont blame not having a full Traditional for your money woes. The ONLY person to blame for your poor financial situation is the person you see in the rearview mirror each morning when you wake up in the parking lot.
Wow, that's a pretty neat trick since the portable was started when, in 2003? Must have a spouse with a good retirement.

CatMan

Falconprick, you are such a judgmental piece of sheet...you really have low self-esteem with your tone...You think you're smart and maybe you are , but you act like a :censored2: face duchebag!

falcon back

Wow, that's a pretty neat trick since the portable was started when, in 2003? Must have a spouse with a good retirement.
Retirement doesn't happen by accident. You have a plan and stick to it. Those that have a plan live within their means and retire with dignity. Those that don't retire and live in their car.

vantexan

Retirement doesn't happen by accident. You have a plan and stick to it. Those that have a plan live within their means and retire with dignity. Those that don't retire and live in their car.
Anyone who only had the portable pension had to have been hired in 2003 or later. They made less income than I did, wouldn't have had much more than $15k after the first ten years in their portable. The only way they could be comfortably retired is if their spouse made good money and had a good retirement plan. You're being blatantly dishonest. Show me a chart that says otherwise.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The $5.99 Portable BS detector that WalMart sells goes way into the red when it sees crap like the unbelievable stuff you post.

Cactus

Anyone who only had the portable pension had to have been hired in 2003 or later. They made less income than I did, wouldn't have had much more than $15k after the first ten years in their portable. The only way they could be comfortably retired is if their spouse made good money and had a good retirement plan. You're being blatantly dishonest. Show me a chart that says otherwise.
He’s conveniently forgot to tell you those same people received a large inheritance or are married to a sugar momma.

vantexan

He’s conveniently forgot to tell you those same people received a large inheritance or are married to a sugar momma.
He tells some whoppers but if he had just thought about it it wouldn't take a minute to figure there's no way with just the portable that someone would be retired by now and living on just it.

Cactus

Does that plan include getting an imaginary winning lottery ticket from your spouse?

falcon back

vantexan

How were they going to fund a 401k when they're making $12-$14hr for many of those years? In the lowest pay scale of course. About a dollar higher on the A scale. And the match in the 401k many of those years was $1 for every $2 you saved up to the first $1000 saved. And they were getting 2% raises many of those years, one year no raise. The only way they could have saved adequately is if their spouse made very good money so that they could put much more of their income into the 401k. And if they were single that wasn't happening.

falcon back

How were they going to fund a 401k when they're making $12-$14hr for many of those years? In the lowest pay scale of course. About a dollar higher on the A scale. And the match in the 401k many of those years was $1 for every $2 you saved up to the first $1000 saved. And they were getting 2% raises many of those years, one year no raise. The only way they could have saved adequately is if their spouse made very good money so that they could put much more of their income into the 401k. And if they were single that wasn't happening.
Discipline. How many game systems did you own? His many cars did you buy? How many days did you eat out instead of bringing your lunch? How many movie channels did your TV have? How many DVD movies did you buy? You can have a plan and stick to it or you can sleep in your car.

vantexan

Discipline. How many game systems did you own? His many cars did you buy? How many days did you eat out instead of bringing your lunch? How many movie channels did your TV have? How many DVD movies did you buy? You can have a plan and stick to it or you can sleep in your car.
Baloney. I owned one pickup between 2010-13. Otherwise motorscooters, bicycles, or walked. And no matter how hard you try you can't make the numbers work for someone starting out in 2003 or later who didn't already have a pension from another job and/or a spouse with great income to be retired by now and existing on much more than Social Security and a small supplement from the portable pension and 401k. And this from you, the guy who thinks $80k a year isn't enough income in retirement!

dezguy

Baloney. I owned one pickup between 2010-13. Otherwise motorscooters, bicycles, or walked. And no matter how hard you try you can't make the numbers work for someone starting out in 2003 or later who didn't already have a pension from another job and/or a spouse with great income to be retired by now and existing on much more than Social Security and a small supplement from the portable pension and 401k. And this from you, the guy who thinks $80k a year isn't enough income in retirement!
Why are you wasting your time with this idiot? He lucked into job that got him to top rate in 14 months and got a pension, straight out of high school. Let him act like he's Warren Buffett and some how he's self made.

I don't know many people who have to lie to others about winning the lottery.

vantexan

Why are you wasting your time with this idiot? He lucked into job that got him to top rate in 14 months and got a pension, straight out of high school. Let him act like he's Warren Buffett and some how he's self made.

I don't know many people who have to lie to others about winning the lottery.
Not much else to do while sleeping in my car! :)