Retro check is in!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And we're getting back pay for the raise that we were supposed to get on Aug 1st. Can't really put it into words. But do correct me if I'm wrong, oh great sir.

Bad news bro

Ups had such a horrible 4th qtr they’ve cancelled all back pay

( had to buy fuel with it)

Try again in 5 years

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Just depends on your local supplement. Canda is getting back pay plus interest

Hawaii is only getting back pay for the first 90 days and the district of Columbia gets absolutely nothing

Someone has to explain this one to me. How is paying less than the contractually agreed upon wages (when its finally put though) NOT a contract violation? If the contract says X dollars and cents per hour after Aug 1, 2018 and the company doesn't pay X that'd be a violation wouldn't it be? At the very least breaking the contract! What am I missing here?

Abe Excode

Someone has to explain this one to me. How is paying less than the contractually agreed upon wages (when its finally put though) NOT a contract violation? If the contract says X dollars and cents per hour after Aug 1, 2018 and the company doesn't pay X that'd be a violation wouldn't it be? At the very least breaking the contract! What am I missing here?
I don't think you're missing anything. That's what I'm saying. We have to get the back pay. It's in the contract.

Because we are still working ubund the terms of the old contract. Just like we don't have any 22.4 drivers right now.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Because we are still working ubund the terms of the old contract. Just like we don't have any 22.4 drivers right now.

Understood, but how does that absolve their obligations when the new contract does go into affect?

I'd need to see the exact language saying UPS is not obligated to pay what we all voted on before I believe it 100%.

Understood, but how does that absolve their obligations when the new contract does go into affect?

I'd need to see the exact language saying UPS is not obligated to pay what we all voted on before I believe it 100%.
The con isn't in effect until all the local supplements are ratified

The company is saving a ton of money by dragging their feet.
Not only are they savosa on the retro pay but also on the increased health care and pension contributions

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
It may if it doesn't pass then national will stall on the remaining supplements. How many supplements are still unsettled.

six supplements that were officially voted down using the "50%-2/3rds rule" still need to be renegotiated and 2nd voted. as of the last update on Nov 30th, these two supplements were going for re-vote soon. im assuming/figuring now that peak is over soon means now.

Central Pennsylvania
Upstate and West New York

these other four supplements still need to be renegotiated before put out for a second vote

Western Pennsylvania
Local 243 and Metro Detroit
Trailer Conditioners, Inc. (TCI)
Local 804

brand new e-board just took office today in local 804 and will basically start negotiating from scratch from what i heard.