Retro check is in!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'd need to see the exact language saying UPS is not obligated to pay what we all voted on before I believe it 100%.

There is no such language.

But, there also is no language stating the Company has to pay back pay.

Your raise will go into effect when the contract is implemented.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Back pay is not in the contract.

Nothing in the contract says you will get, or are owed, back pay.

There is no such language.

But, there also is no language stating the Company has to pay back pay.

Your raise will go into effect when the contract is implemented.

The contract that we voted on clearly lays out the pay rate as of Aug 1, 2018. Were we paid that rate since Aug 1? Answer is no. If we aren't paid the rate negotiated then that would be a contract violation would it not? Thats how I see it.

Hey if they want to only pay the negotiated rate at a later date fine, put the new date in and we can all re-vote on the new contract!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The contract that we voted on clearly lays out the pay rate as of Aug 1, 2018.

Yes it does, but we are not working under that contract.

If we aren't paid the rate negotiated then that would be a contract violation would it not?

No. The contract does not state that once implemented, that the raises are retro-active.

Hey if they want to only pay the negotiated rate at a later date fine, put the new date in and we can all re-vote on the new contract!

Look at 710's contract they are voting on. I'm not 100% sure, but their raise may not be retro-active.

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
Yes it does, but we are not working under that contract.

No. The contract does not state that once implemented, that the raises are retro-active.

Look at 710's contract they are voting on. I'm not 100% sure, but their raise may not be retro-active.

The extension agreement is what specifically guarantees that the economic improvements will be retroactive to august 1.

We agreed to keep working while negotiations finished. UPS agreed to give us our money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The extension agreement is what specifically guarantees that the economic improvements will be retroactive to august 1.

We agreed to keep working while negotiations finished. UPS agreed to give us our money.

You are correct.

Without that agreement, there would be no retro-check.

Others have said the contract guarantees the retro-check.

That is incorrect. It does not.

Last edited:

Abe Excode

Back pay is not in the contract.

Nothing in the contract says you will get, or are owed, back pay.
Hahahahaha. Good one. We were supposed to get a raise in August. Did we get the raise? No. Did we get the back pay? No, but we have to because we were supposed to get a raise in August. Get the picture?

cachmeifucan

If you are making 11. Dollars a hour and going up to 15 a hour you will NOT get a retro check for 4 dollars a hour. You might get it for up to 13 a hour so if you're at 11 dollars a hour and going to 15 a hour you will only be getting a check for 2 dollars a hour. Because the 15 a hour is technically a advance on future raises.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hahahahaha. Good one. We were supposed to get a raise in August. Did we get the raise? No. Did we get the back pay? No, but we have to because we were supposed to get a raise in August. Get the picture?

Nope.

That language is not why we are getting a retro-check.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Where can I read the terms of this "extension"?

Very good.

I was going to mention something about not seeing the agreement in my above post.....

Although the Union has publicly said that UPS agreed to the terms......so if nothing else, a verbal agreement still carries the same weight.

But, if push comes to shove, will there be a "fight."

The only thing I have seen is this

Q: When the contract is ratified, will the terms be retroactive?

A: The extension provides that all economic improvements will be effective retroactively to August 1.

Taken from UPS Rising

Frequently Asked Questions about the National Master UPS Tentative Agreement - UPS Rising

thebrownbox

They mail back pay checks? In our Local (191) we haven’t heard anything or anything about checks.. kinda after late November it’s been pretty silent.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They mail back pay checks? In our Local (191) we haven’t heard anything or anything about checks.. kinda after late November it’s been pretty silent.

The reason why you haven't heard anything is because they told you when they are coming and nothing has changed.

LarryBird

Back pay?

More like crack pay, amirite? Hookers and hubbas when the free money comes through, because like the classic jam by Eddie Murphy and Rick James so eloquently put it...my girls like to party all the time, party all the time, party all the ti-himmmme. Bitch.

The ladies of the night always do. And they like their coke up in smoke. And they like their roses in a glass tube from a gas station, not a glass vase so stop hatin'.

I didn't make the rules - I just follow em - and rule number 1 is free money = hookers n' blow.

Rick James made the rules(obviously), so take it up with him. Just don't let him near your couch.
2019-02-23-03-09-54--1222913761.jpg

eddie murphy party all the time - Google Search

Whitelightning1534

You didn't get yours already?
Nobody has what are you talking about they haven't agreed on a contract because the freight drivers keep down voting and also partially because not enough of them are voting I foresee an upcoming nationwide strike if they can't agree on a contract I'll be damned if we have to wait a another whole year to get back pay because I assume the back pay will stop piling up at some point

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Nobody has what are you talking about they haven't agreed on a contract because the freight drivers keep down voting and also partially because not enough of them are voting I foresee an upcoming nationwide strike if they can't agree on a contract I'll be damned if we have to wait a another whole year to get back pay because I assume the back pay will stop piling up at some point

Stop sniffing glue!

Poop Head

Judge me.
You musta got some tainted "nose clams"