Route bidding question.

Arch

So I bid on a route and notice I have the most seniority on the list except for one person. That person happens to be on disability. Does he still get it? Or does it go to the next person in line?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I’d be curious to see the verbiage in the various supplements. Our’s only has one required metric and that’s that you are a seniority RPCD employee. There are no restrictions on the status of seniority RPCD’s that would prevent them from bidding on a route. When I post bids we actually notify all employees that bids are up and if they win one I put it up on a Temp bid.

I’d be curious to see the verbiage in the various supplements. Our’s only has one required metric and that’s that you are a seniority RPCD employee. There are no restrictions on the status of seniority RPCD’s that would prevent them from bidding on a route. When I post bids we actually notify all employees that bids are up and if they win one I put it up on a Temp bid.
We bid our routes every year

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So I bid on a route and notice I have the most seniority on the list except for one person. That person happens to be on disability. Does he still get it? Or does it go to the next person in line?
In the Central, the person has to be able to return to take over the bid in 10 days. If they cannot, it goes to the next highest bidder.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We’re in the same boat, except at this point due to COVID, comp, disability, sick calls, vacations, and RTO’s we’ve been able to hold off layoffs. Not sure how long that will last though cause even with 40 out a day for various reasons, we’re still offering RTO’s. Crazy.

UPSjedi41

That’s how ours is