Sarah Palin Says Independence Day Is For Remembering When Jesus Led The Revolution

10 point

https://www.au.org/resources/publications/is-america-a-christian-nation
Religious Right groups and their allies insist that the United States was designed to be officially Christian and that our laws should enforce the doctrines of (their version of) Christianity. Is this viewpoint accurate? Is there anything in the Constitution that gives special treatment or preference to Christianity? Did the founders of our government believe this or intend to create a government that gave special recognition to Christianity?
The answer to all of these questions is no. The U.S. Constitution is a wholly secular document. It contains no mention of Christianity or Jesus Christ. In fact, the Constitution refers to religion only twice in the First Amendment, which bars laws "respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," and in Article VI, which prohibits "religious tests" for public office. Both of these provisions are evidence that the country was not founded as officially Christian.
The Founding Fathers did not create a secular government because they disliked religion. Many were believers themselves. Yet they were well aware of the dangers of church-state union. They had studied and even seen first-hand the difficulties that church-state partnerships spawned in Europe. During the American colonial period, alliances between religion and government produced oppression and tyranny on our own shores.
Some truths there. Many were Christians. They did also come from abusive "church" control.

That's much different than true Christianity and the teachings of Jesus. If I remember correctly it was the "church" leaders that demanded Jesus's death.

But, without government control over the church and with government approval the Bible was used as the symbol of Truth in the court room.

Explain that and you'll share the common thread of Christian belief that permeated our founding father's consciences.

They also knew that literature doesn't bring freedom. Acting on the truths found there does and they were willing to die for that freedom which included freedom to worship their God freely. Freedom cost many everything. Do we have people like that today? The test is coming.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are so uninformed. Public education? I can't believe you can compare Christians to the Taliban. Dumb, beyond belief.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Taliban wants their religion to be imposed on everyone...just like Christians do. Sure, the Islamic methods are more extreme, but the Right wants the US to be a "Christian Nation". It isn't, nor should it be, because we are supposed to have freedom of (and from) religion, and a separation of church and state.

The Christian "Taliban" members of the Supreme Court just proved that religion and state are inextricably linked (to them, and the rest of the Far Right) with the Hobby Lobby decision.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am going to ask a series of statements. See if you can determine which group each statement applies to.

1). This group wants to dominate women and tell them how to act. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

2). This group wants there to be a national religion, barring other religions from the country. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

3). This group wants prayer to be a prominent part of education. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

4). This group wants to dictate their morals to the rest of the population, with severe penalties for non-compliance. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

5). This group is not interested in freedom of speech. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

6). This group is not interested in freedom of religion. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

7). This group wants their “law” to be the law of the land, regardless of what the people might want. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

8). This group wants to convert the entire world into their way of thinking. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

9). This group thinks homosexuality is an abomination and should be eradicated from the face of the Earth. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

If you answered both to every one of these statements, then you are correct. As you can see, other than the country they are operating in, there is little, if any, difference between the two groups.

The Religious Right of days gone by, are the Tea Party of today. If the Tea Party, having taken over the GOP, (a dream they have had for decades), gets into power, this is the agenda they are going to pursue. Along with getting rid of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, and all of the safety nets that were put into place to keep people from ending up on the streets.

They will be forever known as the Tea Party Taliban®

av8torntn

The Christian "Taliban" members of the Supreme Court just proved that religion and state are inextricably linked (to them, and the rest of the Far Right) with the Hobby Lobby decision.

That statement isn't based on fact either. At least you're on a roll in this thread.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
compare these two pics. different women,different religions,SAME pic
tali.jpg
talib.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That statement isn't based on fact either. At least you're on a roll in this thread.

My opinion. If I want to worship my license plate, it shouldn't bother you, nor should I be forced to stop, because I have freedom of religion to believe whatever I want. But you can't stand that, so I should be forced to think the same way as you...scary. I could care less what you or anyone else believes, and that's the way our constitution says it should be...freedom of religion, from religion, and a definite separation of church and state.

av8torntn

My opinion. If I want to worship my license plate, it shouldn't bother you, nor should I be forced to stop, because I have freedom of religion to believe whatever I want. But you can't stand that, so I should be forced to think the same way as you...scary. I could care less what you or anyone else believes, and that's the way our constitution says it should be...freedom of religion, from religion, and a definite separation of church and state.

What does that have to do with your claim about the hobby lobby case?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What does that have to do with your claim about the hobby lobby case?

There are no religious/Christian issues involved with the Hobby Lobby decision? Religion should have nothing to do with legal decisions, so the Supremes have violated our Constitutional protection from the imposition of religion. What don't you understand here?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I am going to ask a series of statements. See if you can determine which group each statement applies to.

1). This group wants to dominate women and tell them how to act. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

2). This group wants there to be a national religion, barring other religions from the country. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

3). This group wants prayer to be a prominent part of education. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

4). This group wants to dictate their morals to the rest of the population, with severe penalties for non-compliance. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

5). This group is not interested in freedom of speech. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

6). This group is not interested in freedom of religion. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

7). This group wants their “law” to be the law of the land, regardless of what the people might want. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

8). This group wants to convert the entire world into their way of thinking. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

9). This group thinks homosexuality is an abomination and should be eradicated from the face of the Earth. Taliban? Or Religious Right?

If you answered both to every one of these statements, then you are correct. As you can see, other than the country they are operating in, there is little, if any, difference between the two groups.

The Religious Right of days gone by, are the Tea Party of today. If the Tea Party, having taken over the GOP, (a dream they have had for decades), gets into power, this is the agenda they are going to pursue. Along with getting rid of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, and all of the safety nets that were put into place to keep people from ending up on the streets.

They will be forever known as the Tea Party Taliban®
I now believe that you are a serial liar. You just can't help but lie.
I am no religious right person, but if you think they look at women like something they want to control, your wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not anymore. But it was back then.
A lot has changed and we've reaped the consequences of those changes.

You need to join the Taliban...you think just like they do. Substitute their religion in place of yours in your arguments...what is the difference? None, other than the name. You folks really scare me because you don't even understand that you are a parallel to Islamic religious oppression.

av8torntn

There are no religious/Christian issues involved with the Hobby Lobby decision? Religion should have nothing to do with legal decisions, so the Supremes have violated our Constitutional protection from the imposition of religion. What don't you understand here?

I don't understand why you post something untrue then try and change the subject once you get called out on it.

An example what you just posted about the Supreme Court violating an imposition of religion is false. It's just another hysterical rant from you not based in fact. No religion was imposed on anyone period.