Seeing a doctor

SLW

I'm still fairly new so I haven't had to deal with this yet, but I'm sick. It's not so bad I can't work (for now), but it's important I go soon. How do I go about getting a day off for this? Just ask my sup? Call out?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Get a note if you do visit the doctor. Keep a copy for yourself and give the other to your sup

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Call in sick. There's nothing wrong with getting a note but you don't need it, they'll just throw it away.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Get a note---CYA--
I knew guys who always got a note and that's fine if it makes you feel better about it. In 28 years I used every sick day I had and a lot that I didn't, never once got a note, never had an issue. If you have a problem with excessive absenteeism a note won't save you, I've seen that first hand.

rod

Retired 23 years
I knew guys who always got a note and that's fine if it makes you feel better about it. In 28 years I used every sick day I had and a lot that I didn't, never once got a note, never had an issue. If you have a problem with excessive absenteeism a note won't save you, I've seen that first hand.
Its different that you have so much trust in UPS. You must be real buddies with management. :-)

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You usually get in a car and drive or have someone take you to the doctor, then have your sister call you off

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You're overthinking this. Just call your center in the morning and tell whoever picks up the phone "This is SLW, I'm taking a sick day today".

El Correcto

god is dead
Also do I call my sup or just the center/dispatch?
Call them an hour before start time and let them know. Call whoever will answer and if no one answers send a group text

You’re sick, cannot work and are going to a clinic to get checked out. Hopefully you’ll see them tomorrow.

Don’t get caught not being sick, they will terminate your ass. We had a dude busted on social media not being sick going out to a baseball game or something stupid. Fired for dishonesty.

Call them an hour before start time and let them know. Call whoever will answer and if no one answers send a group text

You’re sick, cannot work and are going to a clinic to get checked out. Hopefully you’ll see them tomorrow.

Don’t get caught not being sick, they will terminate your ass. We had a dude busted on social media not being sick going out to a baseball game or something stupid. Fired for dishonesty.
I remember one time called off sick and I went fishing.

Sure enough a few guys done It was my center manager fishing too

How's your approach LMAO

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

That's why I never said "I'm sick". Always said "I'm taking a paid sick day".