service suspension

upss

hi, does any one have any clue when will ups re instate its service refund(gsr) for both ground and Air packages? or what their plans could be to re instate the gsrs back in place?

rod

Retired 23 years
Welcome to the new world of delivery. Nothing is guaranteed and its a crap shoot on how long it will take to receive your order. Get used to it. The day of guaranteed delivery times are numbered. But the companies will still take your money for what they advertise as an "attempt" to speed up your delivery.

Indecisi0n

Welcome to the new world of delivery. Nothing is guaranteed and its a crap shoot on how long it will take to receive your order. Get used to it. The day of guaranteed delivery times are numbered. But the companies will still take your money for what they advertise as an "attempt" to speed up your delivery.
Sounds like someone is grumpy because they haven't had their pudding today.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like the good old days.

Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

My last 70 stops will not get delivered tonight. Unless I get help we will try it again tomorrow. Whoops.
Sounds nice. I’m crawling to get 8 hours. I haven’t had over time in probably 3 months even now. They’re dumping my route to PVDs. I left yesterday at 6 and the PVD cars were still filling up to go back out. Another great move from our union, allow non union scrubs to get unlimited amounts of work while your members go home empty handed. Only a percentage of the daily volume should be allowed to be delivered by PVDs if they company is going to use them.

Sounds nice. I’m crawling to get 8 hours. I haven’t had over time in probably 3 months even now. They’re dumping my route to PVDs. I left yesterday at 6 and the PVD cars were still filling up to go back out. Another great move from our union, allow non union scrubs to get unlimited amounts of work while your members go home empty handed. Only a percentage of the daily volume should be allowed to be delivered by PVDs if they company is going to use them.
Best contract ever...

Not Rushin’

hi, does any one have any clue when will ups re instate its service refund(gsr) for both ground and Air packages? or what their plans could be to re instate the gsrs back in place?
They have been using COVID as an excuse for not guaranteeing service commitments. We’re into Christmas peak now, and they usually relax commitments for peak. I think they’ll stretch this out as long as they can. Commitments interfere with production and profit.

CoolStoryBro

Not only no commits but they simply stop running volume and roll volume so we can get out at a decent start time.

Not like the good old days where you leave UPS at 10:30 AM and still have to get your NDA. This is way more efficient.

vvv

I fully agree with you in that our work should not be given out and more union members should be hired. Having said that, if you know you are guaranteed 8 and there's nothing that can be done..... don't crawl and knock it out and get some guarantee.

I was done and driving back by about 3:30pm today. And had the grill fired up and a cold beer in hand well before 5pm....to me that's GREAT!! Ya.....OT is nice and those checks look solid. But I also put an extraordinary amount of value on my free time outside of a damn brown uniform and brown truck for 12 hours a day.

PPH_over_9000

I fully agree with you in that our work should not be given out and more union members should be hired. Having said that, if you know you are guaranteed 8 and there's nothing that can be done..... don't crawl and knock it out and get some guarantee.

I was done and driving back by about 3:30pm today. And had the grill fired up and a cold beer in hand well before 5pm....to me that's GREAT!! Ya.....OT is nice and those checks look solid. But I also put an extraordinary amount of value on my free time outside of a damn brown uniform and brown truck for 12 hours a day.

:censored2:, man, lucky you. I finished my country ass split route at about 7:15pm, rolled back into the center and a message came through right after I parked. "See your supervisor for PVD work."

The :censored2:?

So I took 10 stops. Rolled back into the yard at about 10pm, thought to myself ":censored2:, I did it too fast...." so I sat around for an hour lunch break and then made sure to clock out at 13 hours and 58 minutes. I would've went for 59 minutes but I didn't want to be slow clocking out and go over 14.

vvv

*, man, lucky you. I finished my country ass split route at about 7:15pm, rolled back into the center and a message came through right after I parked. "See your supervisor for PVD work."

The *?

So I took 10 stops. Rolled back into the yard at about 10pm, thought to myself "*, I did it too fast...." so I sat around for an hour lunch break and then made sure to clock out at 13 hours and 58 minutes. I would've went for 59 minutes but I didn't want to be slow clocking out and go over 14.
Too funny!! Hey as I always say.....Bone em' like u own em'!! They pull that nonsense at that time and you gotta put the hurt on them.

My route is only 15-20 minutes from the building. And I have only been putting on about 30 miles a day. Weather has been terrific for this time of year. No commit times all day. And I have next to no pickup volume from my dozen stops.

Cloud

*, man, lucky you. I finished my country ass split route at about 7:15pm, rolled back into the center and a message came through right after I parked. "See your supervisor for PVD work."

The *?

So I took 10 stops. Rolled back into the yard at about 10pm, thought to myself "*, I did it too fast...." so I sat around for an hour lunch break and then made sure to clock out at 13 hours and 58 minutes. I would've went for 59 minutes but I didn't want to be slow clocking out and go over 14.
what, they sent you to do PVD work after finishing a route? screw that.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

The *?

Pvd work????? You’re a driver!!!!!!

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
It is crazy how much work the PVD drivers are getting and what is the worst is it is the easy stops
They made the mistake of loading PVD work in my car so I was able to find some extra work for myself
I don't understand how this got in our contract