service suspension

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It is crazy how much work the PVD drivers are getting and what is the worst is it is the easy stops
They made the mistake of loading PVD work in my car so I was able to find some extra work for myself
I don't understand how this got in our contract
And they’re getting paid as much as a 3 year cover in progression. Same with the helpers.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I fully agree with you in that our work should not be given out and more union members should be hired. Having said that, if you know you are guaranteed 8 and there's nothing that can be done..... don't crawl and knock it out and get some guarantee.

I was done and driving back by about 3:30pm today. And had the grill fired up and a cold beer in hand well before 5pm....to me that's GREAT!! Ya.....OT is nice and those checks look solid. But I also put an extraordinary amount of value on my free time outside of a damn brown uniform and brown truck for 12 hours a day.
I want overtime during peak. I was ready to put in my 70. Need that extra money.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
*, man, lucky you. I finished my country ass split route at about 7:15pm, rolled back into the center and a message came through right after I parked. "See your supervisor for PVD work."

The *?

So I took 10 stops. Rolled back into the yard at about 10pm, thought to myself "*, I did it too fast...." so I sat around for an hour lunch break and then made sure to clock out at 13 hours and 58 minutes. I would've went for 59 minutes but I didn't want to be slow clocking out and go over 14.
Wait... so you were just going to punch out with no break? Take the break when you’re supposed to, and that will give them less incentive to send you back out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
hi, does any one have any clue when will ups re instate its service refund(gsr) for both ground and Air packages? or what their plans could be to re instate the gsrs back in place?
This is more inside than Fulton County, GA vote counting!

21Savage

So if I don’t have irregs on my truck for the day I’m doing pvd work?
At our building they have rentals loaded with pvd work that they dump on the slides when the drivers leave. So the pvd's come back and forth to the building all day getting their packages. At the end of the day all of their irregs are left sitting in one pile and the first drivers back have to run them.

PT Car Washer

At our building they have rentals loaded with pvd work that they dump on the slides when the drivers leave. So the pvd's come back and forth to the building all day getting their packages. At the end of the day all of their irregs are left sitting in one pile and the first drivers back have to run them.
Our air drivers run the PVD irregs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not only no commits but they simply stop running volume and roll volume so we can get out at a decent start time.

Not like the good old days where you leave UPS at 10:30 AM and still have to get your NDA. This is way more efficient.

Rolled 50 trailers. Let’s move the preload start time up 15 min. That should do it. Lol

Brownslave688

It is crazy how much work the PVD drivers are getting and what is the worst is it is the easy stops
They made the mistake of loading PVD work in my car so I was able to find some extra work for myself
It didn’t get in the contract. The teamsters didn’t even bother to try and negotiate over it. Instead they introduced a second tier driver.

Brownslave688

Wait... so you were just going to punch out with no break? Take the break when you’re supposed to, and that will give them less incentive to send you back out.
I take my full hour all year Except peak. If I’m going to be out until 10:30 either way might as well eat up all of the dot hours I can.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I had a seasonal talk the other day how the PVD is getting more hours than them despite originally interviewing as a PVD.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Hour lunch it is.

DOK

Sounds nice. I’m crawling to get 8 hours. I haven’t had over time in probably 3 months even now. They’re dumping my route to PVDs. I left yesterday at 6 and the PVD cars were still filling up to go back out. Another great move from our union, allow non union scrubs to get unlimited amounts of work while your members go home empty handed. Only a percentage of the daily volume should be allowed to be delivered by PVDs if they company is going to use them.
Grab some big pkgs off the pvd pile, they may not fit in their vehicles.

PPH_over_9000

I've fallen into the habit of taking a 10 minute "lunch" when I get back to the building. I was finding it tough to beat the urge to just keep working...

but recently I discovered that you're right, you get done early and they've always got something waiting for you when you get back to the building thinking about what you're gonna do when you get home. Now I figure, if they're gonna keep me out for 13-14 hours then I might as well be on the route that I'm familiar with, with an actual EDD for the packages they want me to run.

I took my full hour lunch today and I gotta say, I was less stressed and made it home happier than I ever have since I qualified.