Should we be concerned?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I work for Amazon as a driver and the turnover is truly unbelievable. I see new people getting trained seemingly every other day and hear about people quitting in groups after 2 weeks or a month. There's like 15 people who I've seen for more than 3 months. Eventually it seems like they would run out of people to hire in the area as it becomes saturated with people who quit.
How much do you make an hour and how long have you been there? What city do you deliver in? Stops? Packages? Miles?

How much out of your check for medical? Does it include optical & dental?

Thanks

ManInBrown

Amazon really preys on the less fortunate. It’s kind of sad. I had a run where my last stop was an Amazon warehouse first thing in the morning around 7am. You can’t even begin to imagine how many people that worked there walked very long distances to get to work. I would see people miles down the road walking the highway to get there. I know on one hand they are giving people a job, but the least the richest person in the world could do, was pay them a living wage.

Then I saw this article today. Bezos would sell Amazon in a second before he would allow unionization so people could be paid a fair wage.

Inside Amazon’s Secret Program to Spy On Workers’ Private Facebook Groups

The company has a sophisticated and secret program that is surveilling dozens of private Facebook groups set up by workers, internal documents and reports show.
Lauren Kaori Gurley
By Lauren Kaori Gurley
Joseph Cox
By Joseph Cox
September 1, 2020, 6:51pm
  • Tweet
  • Snap
Tuesday, after news that Amazon was hiring an intelligence analyst to identify labor organizers went viral, the company said the job listing was made “in error.” But internal documents, reports, and an online tool left on the open internet and viewed by Motherboard shows that Amazon has for years had a sophisticated, secret program and team to spy on its workers in closed Facebook groups.
The social media monitoring tool and reports generated by it were left exposed on the domain www.sharkandink.com, which has no obvious ties to Amazon, and the tool does not use traditional Amazon infrastructure. But the files and reports left exposed have direct links to Amazon, and after this article was published, Amazon confirmed that the tool and the surveillance reports were generated by the company.
ADVERTISEMENT

According to the files left online, Amazon corporate employees are getting regular reports about the social media posts of its Flex drivers on nominally private pages, and are using these reports to diagnose problems as well as monitor, for example, drivers "planning for any strike or protest against Amazon." The reports have the full names and posts of drivers who post anything noteworthy in one of dozens of closed driver Facebook pages, intended for use by Flex Drivers. Here is an example of a report that was redacted by Motherboard.
Among the files left online is a document called “social media monitoring” that lists closed Amazon Flex Driver Facebook groups and websites across the world, as well as open Flex driver Subreddits, and the Twitter keyword "Amazon Flex." Forty three of the Facebook groups are run by drivers in different cities in the United States.
“The following social forums mentioned in the table are to be monitored during the Social media process,” the document reads. Facebook groups being monitored include “Amazon Flex Drivers of Los Angeles,” “Amazon Flex Drivers,” “deactivated Amazon Drivers,” and dozens of others.
Amazon seemingly asked employees to keep this monitoring secret. A login page included in the files says “the information related to different posts reported out from various social forums are classified. DO NOT SHAREwithout proper authentication. Most of the Post/Comment screenshots within the site are from closed Facebook groups. It will have a detrimental effect if it falls within the reach of any of our Delivery partners. DO NOT SHARE without proper authentication.” (An entire list of the social media pages being monitored is embedded below.)
These posts are monitored by something called the "Advocacy Operations Social Listening Team," according to one document on the website titled "Social Listening SOP." According to that document, people on the listening team are supposed to "capture posts" written by Amazon Flex drivers, who are known as "Delivery Partners" or "DPs", categorize them, investigate them (or flag them for investigation), and add them to a report.

4on3off

How much do you make an hour and how long have you been there? What city do you deliver in? Stops? Packages? Miles?

How much out of your check for medical? Does it include optical & dental?

Thanks
I've been at my DSP for about a year and a half, we deliver from Rockford IL to the Chicago suburbs up to the Wisconsin border. We were are at 16/hr but some people like me just got the class C and started driving step vans/package cars and were thinking we should see a decent raise for that - apparently Amazon only wants to cover a 50cent raise for them - lol. Most routes are 95% residential, busy days are 240 stops/ 350+ packages (most I've seen around peak). We are supposed to "max out" at 200 stops, but last year amazon added a grouping system where if a house is within a certain radius of another its grouped and counted as one stop to circumvent the max. Slow days like around now can be 80-100 stops/150-200 packages or less. Heard someone got 20 the other day. Rural routes are all over the place depending on how many are actually in the sticks vs towns but maybe 130 stops / 150 miles. Benefits are all over the place depending on the DSP and its very rare to find a DSP that pays for the route and not hourly because they get destroyed with accident costs and tows especially in the winter.

4on3off

I've been at my DSP for about a year and a half, we deliver from Rockford IL to the Chicago suburbs up to the Wisconsin border. We were are at 16/hr but some people like me just got the class C and started driving step vans/package cars and were thinking we should see a decent raise for that - apparently Amazon only wants to cover a 50cent raise for them - lol. Most routes are 95% residential, busy days are 240 stops/ 350+ packages (most I've seen around peak). We are supposed to "max out" at 200 stops, but last year amazon added a grouping system where if a house is within a certain radius of another its grouped and counted as one stop to circumvent the max. Slow days like around now can be 80-100 stops/150-200 packages or less. Heard someone got 20 the other day. Rural routes are all over the place depending on how many are actually in the sticks vs towns but maybe 130 stops / 150 miles. Benefits are all over the place depending on the DSP and its very rare to find a DSP that pays for the route and not hourly because they get destroyed with accident costs and tows especially in the winter.
If I had to guess based on what I've read the avg UPS driver would fall asleep on our routes. Obviously no one will ever haggle you as long as you finish routes on time, amazon's gps system is good enough most of the time, only a really good driver would be able to correct for inefficiency in the pathing - and its not even worth it because you are already going to finish hours early if you are going at 30 stops an hour (which is very easy because everything is mostly organized with amazon's bag system) and you load your own route so you know where things are before you leave the station. All you have to do is not crash and read the house numbers, nowhere near enough time window deliveries for it to become something that even needs organizing and prioritizing. Also 3 consecutive days off which is a different universe from 2 days.

TTLS1

If I had to guess based on what I've read the avg UPS driver would fall asleep on our routes. Obviously no one will ever haggle you as long as you finish routes on time, amazon's gps system is good enough most of the time, only a really good driver would be able to correct for inefficiency in the pathing - and its not even worth it because you are already going to finish hours early if you are going at 30 stops an hour (which is very easy because everything is mostly organized with amazon's bag system) and you load your own route so you know where things are before you leave the station. All you have to do is not crash and read the house numbers, nowhere near enough time window deliveries for it to become something that even needs organizing and prioritizing. Also 3 consecutive days off which is a different universe from 2 days.

Seen my first amazon step van in my neighborhood today, do they teach you all to drive on the wrong side of the road through an entire neighborhood?

4on3off

Seen my first amazon step van in my neighborhood today, do they teach you all to drive on the wrong side of the road through an entire neighborhood?
We did get a couple hours of back up / parallel parking / drive around the block "training." Most amazon drivers are straight up retards so it doesn't matter anyways