Sound of Freedom movie shows the evil of liberals and LGBTQs

bacha29

None of that was in the movie. Absolutely none of it. They did point out sex trafficking is now a $150 billion a year business, second only to the drug trade. Bigger than the illegal international arms trade. That there are more slaves in the world now than when slavery was legal. If you think that any such info should be suppressed because the people behind it are religious then you're part of the problem.
Angel Studios is a registered FOR PROFIT privately held corporation. It claims to be crowd funded but on further examination it lists 4 private venture capital companies with money invested.

If the officers of the company were truly committed to bring enhanced public awareness to the problem of international child sex trafficking they could have made a documentary. Trouble with documentaries is that they are designed to inform not entertain and therefore generally don't make much . Therefore, if word of mouth can sell more tickets to a fictionalized movie even if that word of mouth deliberately deceives the public with a plot line that is not even close to what the actual film is all about but sells more tickets that's just fine in the eyes of the distributor.

In the meantime there are 3 words you might want to pay close attention to. No, it's not Sound Of Freedom.....but rather...
Initial Public Offering.

vantexan

Angel Studios is a registered FOR PROFIT privately held corporation. It claims to be crowd funded but on further examination it lists 4 private venture capital companies with money invested.

If the officers of the company were truly committed to bring enhanced public awareness to the problem of international child sex trafficking they could have made a documentary. Trouble with documentaries is that they are designed to inform not entertain and therefore generally don't make much . Therefore, if word of mouth can sell more tickets to a fictionalized movie even if that word of mouth deliberately deceives the public with a plot line that is not even close to what the actual film is all about but sells more tickets that's just fine in the eyes of the distributor.

In the meantime there are 3 words you might want to pay close attention to. No, it's not Sound Of Freedom.....but rather...
Initial Public Offering.
You are aware that every movie is made with the hope of making a profit? How dare they try to recoup costs and make some extra! Money grubbers, so beneath you!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Initial Public Offering.
So, now you're an anti-capitalism pig??

vantexan

Capitalists hiding behind a banner of Christian self righteousness . Using the benevolence and compassion of the innocent and the uninformed to line their own pockets.
Meanwhile by word of mouth people are going to see the movie in droves. Nowhere have I seen a promotion of Christianity with this movie. You are so blinded by hatred that you even attack movies with a positive message about fighting a terrible blight on society.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you're upset they didn't make a movie no one would want to see.

You sure seem upset that they've drawn attention to the problem of sex trafficking.

Kind of weird.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Capitalists hiding behind a banner of Christian self righteousness . Using the benevolence and compassion of the innocent and the uninformed to line their own pockets.
WTF do you know about it, you haven’t even seen the movie. You’re a jackass braying ignorant opinion!

bbsam

Staff member
No, they don't. You've been led to believe that by people with an agenda.
Who wrote Obamacare? Who oversees labor laws that haven’t changed in decades? Who benefits from never ending wars and conflicts?

At a certain point I think you have to ignore the politics and follow the money. The politicians are just grifters.

vantexan

Who wrote Obamacare? Who oversees labor laws that haven’t changed in decades? Who benefits from never ending wars and conflicts?

At a certain point I think you have to ignore the politics and follow the money. The politicians are just grifters.
What does any of that have to do with a movie that informs about a terrible problem in the world? And I've been saying for quite awhile now that the military/industrial complex is why we were in Afghanistan 20 years and we have ceaseless wars. The problem with you partisans is when your party is in power you gloss it over but when the other guys are they're the scum of the earth getting our troops and innocent civilians killed. It's a Republican/Democrat problem and the Dems are just as hawkish as the Repubs because they too know where their bread is buttered. And heaven forbid that a populist who is getting us out of wars is elected. The Washington power structure won't tolerate the threat to their cash cow and will do everything possible to destroy him. And you partisans will gleefully jump on the bandwagon. Meanwhile it couldn't be more evident that our current president is not only mentally incompetent but is more corrupt than any president in history but he's covered for because he's in the right party and is fine with keeping the billions flowing to yet another war.

bacha29

Now you leave Bacha's sex life alone!
Let me try it another way with you and Fred.

A guy who is worth 28 million bucks and professes to be BOTH a devout Roman Catholic and an equally firm believer in QAnon and it's radical conspiracy theories including those that advocate violence and death to those who are not exactly like it's believers is nevertheless a true and genuine Christian in your mind's eye.....but he's not in mine.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

A guy who is worth 28 million bucks and professes to be BOTH a devout Roman Catholic and an equally firm believer in QAnon and it's radical conspiracy theories including those that advocate violence and death to those who are not exactly like it's believers is nevertheless a true and genuine Christian in your mind's eye.....but he's not in mine.
Waaaaahhh he's not poor and I am Waaaaahhh

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1689946927956.png

vantexan

So you go on and on about having money but a guy who has been successful in tv and movies which his net worth reflects is somehow not to be trusted? Tell me something, do you research all movies for clues as to who is backing them and if they say the right things in your opinion in their personal lives before you will part with the price of admission? You don't ever go to a movie just because the commercial looked interesting? For the life of me I don't get why a movie about international sex trafficking which sheds light on the kidnapping and sexual abuse of children is so offensive to you? It's got an appeal to the Christian Right and that's enough for you to condemn it apparently.