Sprained ankle in first 30 days

These kids don’t get it
I remember when I was trying to make my 30 days unloading trailers. I don't remember the old trailers that had the rollers in the middle of the trailer and a big wooden doors that swung up so you do the top half and the bottom half.
But one of them doors come down and clip me in a wrist really hard I was bleeding like a pig. I didn't make my 30 days yet.
So went to the bathroom washed it off and wrapped it up and paper towels and put my gloves back on and continued unloading.
I still have the scar on my wrist to this day

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I remember when I was trying to make my 30 days unloading trailers. I don't remember the old trailers that had the rollers in the middle of the trailer and a big wooden doors that swung up so you do the top half and the bottom half.
But one of them doors come down and clip me in a wrist really hard I was bleeding like a pig. I didn't make my 30 days yet.
So went to the bathroom washed it off and wrapped it up and paper towels and put my gloves back on and continued unloading.
I still have the scar on my wrist to this day

mommy and daddy have got these kids believing everything’s fair and if you just show up you’ll get a trophy

not how it works

JJinVA

Just tell the center there was a black lives matter rally in the middle of every street you turned down, and if they give you crap accuse them of being racist and threaten to report them to your local news station. Should be good to go after that

FedGT

Get a good ankle brace if you don’t have experience wrapping well. Ice, elevate, anti inflammatory today and brace tomorrow. I rolled mine like that back in high school and it has never been the same. I did it again pretty bad a couple years ago at FedEx when I was a contractor but it didn’t compare to the pain the first time. Ankle brace for me made a huge difference to keep stability.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Get a good ankle brace if you don’t have experience wrapping well. Ice, elevate, anti inflammatory today and brace tomorrow. I rolled mine like that back in high school and it has never been the same. I did it again pretty bad a couple years ago at FedEx when I was a contractor but it didn’t compare to the pain the first time. Ankle brace for me made a huge difference to keep stability.

he’s not trying to make the JV over at ground this kids trying to make it in the big leagues

FedGT

Guess what I did too, did the UPS thing and easily qualified. The advice is relevant, but thanks for the jab to the competition for no reason, and keeping it on topic

DriverNerd

Is that something that will get you DQ? I can’t remember what they said about being sick
Calling in sick will not get you DQ'd, but it will put you on the radar of the supervisors. If you're a strong driver and have no other issues they won't care about one call in. If you have other issues it's just one more reason.

JJinVA

Just call and say you had a death in the family. When you get back and they ask who died, tell them it was your cat. Problem solved

trickpony1

Can the original poster find some high top, lace up boots, either leather or ballistic material, that would compress and support the injured ankle?

If they ask why you limp simply say, "new boots....gotta break them in.".

trickpony1

Someone in your area sells them.
If they say, "they have to be polishable.", simply say, "these are lighter weight so I can go faster.".

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
try some knee high compression socks. i have some i got from amazon that help after i rolled my ankle, but only in combination with r.i.c.e. so do rice at night and use the compression sock during the day while driving. keep an ice pack in your cooler if things get bad put your foot up on the dash and ice it down during lunch.

trickpony1

If you get compression socks I would highly recommend "toeless".
They are easier to put on and your toes won't sweat and cause other problems.
Trust me.

Last edited: