Stick shift requirement?

HFolb23

I think the all black front grill is the cheap version of the cascadia, but it looks bad ass.
The all black grille looks way better than the chrome, some of our Cascadias have painted bumpers too.

Regardless of what chrome or bumper it has, they all look like high heels to me.

I will say the twin screw Freightliners look looooong on the wheelbase

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
is this a joke?
No, but this shirt is.
7B991AE5-1967-4CE0-833A-B373A4026802.jpeg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It isn’t. They have taken away the requirement to drive a manual for package at my hub.
maybe that's why I am having a hard time selling my toyota truck.
it's manual. people ask if manual or automatic
when i tell them stick i never hear from them.

what is the world coming to? I have been driving almost 50 years.
never tired of a manual tranny. it's more fun to drive.

"boomer gear!!!!!" HST for those who habla Hunter S Thompson.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Yeah I found a Mustang 5.0 while shopping for my wife’s SUV a couple of years ago. I’ve always loved the 5.0’s so I took a walk around and finally peaked in the window. Automatic. I laughed and walked away and around this time, the salesman came up and asked if I was interested. I said I was until I saw it was an auto. He said they don’t make them in manuals anymore. Blew my mind. If it’s a sports car or a muscle car, I need a stick.

HFolb23

Blew my mind. If it’s a sports car or a muscle car, I need a stick.
I appreciate the nostalgia of rowing gears but it’s just a fact of life that with most modern vehicles, if you want the highest power you’re going to get an automatic trans. Look at the Dodge Demon or the C8 Corvette, both automatic only. Hell even my 1 ton Ram is the same way, if I got the 6 Speed manual behind the Cummins than it would have half the torque rating as what my truck with the automatic has, and since 2018 you can’t even order the manual trans anymore period.

over9five

Staff member
I appreciate the nostalgia of rowing gears but it’s just a fact of life that with most modern vehicles, if you want the highest power you’re going to get an automatic trans. Look at the Dodge Demon or the C8 Corvette, both automatic only. Hell even my 1 ton Ram is the same way, if I got the 6 Speed manual behind the Cummins than it would have half the torque rating as what my truck with the automatic has, and since 2018 you can’t even order the manual trans anymore period.
That's the auto industry dumbing things down for Americans...

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

You’re old