Storming the Capitol

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This chart seems fair and accurate.

A couple of entities I noticed and agree with is:
1) CNN and MSNBC are listed as Full Lefty with no qualifiers.
2) Fox News is listed as Right Leaning while Fox Opinion is listed as Full Righty!

Center doesn't mean better! A Center outlet may still omit important perspectives, or run individual articles that display bias, while not displaying a lot of predictable bias frequently. Read news across the spectrum to get the full picture.

SNOPES is in this category.

1623202686082.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This chart seems fair and accurate.

A couple of entities I noticed and agree with is:
1) CNN and MSNBC are listed as Full Lefty with no qualifiers.
2) Fox News is listed as Right Leaning while Fox Opinion is listed as Full Righty!

Center doesn't mean better! A Center outlet may still omit important perspectives, or run individual articles that display bias, while not displaying a lot of predictable bias frequently. Read news across the spectrum to get the full picture.

View attachment 340297

I'd say if they added another "extreme left" category, and shifted everything left of center, and half or more of the center column to the left one column, then it would be accurate.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'd say if they added another "extreme left" category, and shifted everything left of center, and half or more of the center column to the left one column, then it would be accurate.
You must be a Righty then!
Unless you desire to add an Extreme Right as well but even then, Their Header banner says ...
1623203978578.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Axios and NPR are center?
Lol. Ooookay.
I think we can agree you are to the right of me.
NPR Opinion is listed as Leaning Left.
I agree AXIOS is left-leaning due to the stories they pick to cover ... they are High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and zero failed fact checks. Similar to Politico.

1623206085100.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You must be a Righty then!
Unless you desire to add an Extreme Right as well but even then, Their Header banner says ...

I don't have an issue with that, except they don't have any extreme right sources listed there. They don't have a problem listing extreme left sources, but I doubt they'd be willing to legitimize infowars, or other such sources, which exposes that "all sides" leans to one particular side.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think we can agree you are to the right of me.
NPR Opinion is listed as Leaning Left.
I agree AXIOS is left-leaning due to the stories they pick to cover ... they are High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and zero failed fact checks. Similar to Politico.

View attachment 340307
"Factual reporting" is not synonymous with non bias reporting. Obviously politico is a left wing outlet and so are NPR and axios.

Frankly I think it's silly that they have a "center" category at all on their little graphic.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't have an issue with that, except they don't have any extreme right sources listed there. They don't have a problem listing extreme left sources, but I doubt they'd be willing to legitimize infowars, or other such sources, which exposes that "all sides" leans to one particular side.
1623217115468.jpeg

I’m not sure that putting it on a chart legitimizes infowars, but there it is.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 340316
I’m not sure that putting it on a chart legitimizes infowars, but there it is.

I was referring to them not wanting to appear to be legitimizing, or vouching for the legitimacy of, infowars, not that adding them would necessarily legitimize it. This graph needs a shift of the stuff on the left to the left too. Reuters should be where AP is, AP should be further left. Almost everything on the left, especially CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes and WaPo should be at or below contains misleading info.

Lol, someone should make a bias chart of media bias charts.

bbsam

Staff member
I was referring to them not wanting to appear to be legitimizing, or vouching for the legitimacy of, infowars, not that adding them would necessarily legitimize it. This graph needs a shift of the stuff on the left to the left too. Reuters should be where AP is, AP should be further left. Almost everything on the left, especially CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes and WaPo should be at or below contains misleading info.

Lol, someone should make a bias chart of media bias charts.
With all due respect, that just sounds like someone saying that the graph needs to align with one’s own views to make for it to be credible. If that’s the case, who or what can be said to be objective?

But I get it. It’s convenient to rail against “left wing media” if you can shift everything that you don’t like to the political alignment that you don’t like.