Storming the Capitol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
With all due respect, that just sounds like someone saying that the graph needs to align with one’s own views to make for it to be credible. If that’s the case, who or what can be said to be objective?

But I get it. It’s convenient to rail against “left wing media” if you can shift everything that you don’t like to the political alignment that you don’t like.
The graph is just somebody's opinion.

newfie

With all due respect, that just sounds like someone saying that the graph needs to align with one’s own views to make for it to be credible. If that’s the case, who or what can be said to be objective?

But I get it. It’s convenient to rail against “left wing media” if you can shift everything that you don’t like to the political alignment that you don’t like.
what if they really are biased should we ignore the railing for your reason and accept the bias?

bbsam

Staff member
what if they really are biased should we ignore the railing for your reason and accept the bias?
Again, anyone can find examples of bias one way or another. So then is nothing objective? Are we saying that we simply reject facts if we can confirm our own bias against a source?

Again, anyone can find examples of bias one way or another. So then is nothing objective? Are we saying that we simply reject facts if we can confirm our own bias against a source?
Rejecting facts and reality is easy for the donald crowd. They just call it fake news.

bbsam

Staff member
Rejecting facts and reality is easy for the donald crowd. They just call it fake news.
I think it comes fairly easily for anyone actually. I’m cognizant of my own left bias so I usually like to weigh stories against sources like The Hill and WSJ. I was as actually surprised to see Real Clear Politics skewing as far right as it does.

Box Ox

Rejecting facts and reality is easy for the donald crowd.

That behavior hasn't seemed to be a problem for either side lately. Lots of lefties believe thousands of unarmed black men are killed by police every year, lots of vaccinated people are still wearing masks, one can be a man, woman or other at will and our country is irredeemably racist from top to bottom.