Supervisors running routes

JustDeliverIt

I've been wondering about filing sups working. I was always under the impression, that if it is one occurrence, employees get the opportunity to file, and that it goes by seniority. Whoever files that has the most seniority is the one that has their grievance actually go through?

Correct, highest seniority employee gets paid if you both grieve the same supe. But there is always more than one working, everyone pick one and file.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The last thing a supervisor wants to do is run a route. This usually happens after too many call-ins, no part-timers qualified to drive, or not enough time to borrow a driver from another Center. People go into management because they don't want to drive package car. I've seen Centers borrow drivers from far away and a supervisor take a part-timer out on the road. They know somebody is going to probably file on them.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
The last thing a supervisor wants to do is run a route. This usually happens after too many call-ins, no part-timers qualified to drive, or not enough time to borrow a driver from another Center. People go into management because they don't want to drive package car. I've seen Centers borrow drivers from far away and a supervisor take a part-timer out on the road. They know somebody is going to probably file on them.
nah, they love it. their manager hates it, but if they can get out of the office and just do gruntwork for a day they'll do it gladly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Same tough guys that yell "file" are the same tough guys that demand an early day or else they are bringing in stops!

RMR46

Whats the rule on this?
File file file. Cuz recently one hub in Arizona or something got $48,000 for supervisors working and another hub I forget what state got 39,000 for supervisors working me I usually get only 8 or 10 hours at double time when they work file file file

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
When I was an ORS many years ago if I drove a route, I put in a timecard documenting the hours so the union would be reimbursed. I would recommend filing for two reasons - 1) You might get a few well-earned bucks and 2) It will let management know in no uncertain ways that you are watching and you will hold them accountable.