Suspended service in Chicago

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nope. The contract for that area of my city has been available many times for free and I’ve never even bid for it.
These 2 clowns are always crying about how terrible Ground drivers are treated and now they are complaining their contractor didn’t send them out to be assaulted because they think that makes FedEx look bad.

And these 2 clowns would be the first ones crying if they were told to go make deliveries in areas where that is happening.

bacha29

It’s not what I care about, it’s what the customers care about, no? I’m sure an entrepreneur like yourself understands that. Customers can’t even tell the difference between Ground and Express. They’re not going to know nor care about the contractor model and who passed the buck to whom. All they’re going to understand is that they bought something and FedEx didn’t deliver it. You’re a smart guy; I really feel like you should be understanding what I’m saying.
When it comes to delivering Ground box in high risk, high crime areas the only thing Fat Freddy cares about is paying claims for undelivered freight. The truck is not his. The driver is not his. He divested himself of every workplace health and safety liability as it pertained to the meat in the seat years earlier.

Now IWBF can claim that the contractor refused to go into that high risk despite the fact that he signed his name on the dotted line that he would service that area and he might get away with it for a few days but in the end it's either do it or lose it.

And yes you are right. People only see what who's delivering that box either on the online delivery information and or the name on the side of the truck. They only see and care about the fact that it's Fedex and almost never bother to look at that little vinyl sign stuck down in the corner and often covered up with mud , snow slop or almost completely scratched off by flying stones. They can and will proceed only on the basis of what Fat Freddy wants them to know.

59 Dano

Now IWBF can claim that the contractor refused to go into that high risk despite the fact that he signed his name on the dotted line that he would service that area and he might get away with it for a few days but in the end it's either do it or lose it.

Is that what they told you when you were facing similar situations out there in Jingweed, USA?

bacha29

I guess Bacha thinks there’s contractors just waiting for the opportunity to deliver in high crime areas that are experiencing active riots.
Is that the best come back you can come up with? You can put off going in there for a few days but you can't stay out of there forever if your contracted service area requires you to service it.

If everybody did what you're doing and that's just take all of the easy in town stuff while acting like you're doing something unique and exceptional imagine what kind of a nationwide delivery network FXG would have.

bacha29

Is that what they told you when you were facing similar situations out there in Jingweed, USA?
They're standard question: "When are you going to delver this package? My answer: "I couldn't even make it back in there with the Quigley. Now YOU have two choices. Try to call them and find out if there is someplace else I can deliver it to or YOU and THEM will just have to wait for the deuce and a half to get here and if like it was with the Quigley it takes a year and a half and the mother of all lies just to get you to approve getting it then it will mean that YOU and THEM will be waiting for quite awhile".

It will be fine

Is that the best come back you can come up with? You can put off going in there for a few days but you can't stay out of there forever if your contracted service area requires you to service it.

If everybody did what you're doing and that's just take all of the easy in town stuff while acting like you're doing something unique and exceptional imagine what kind of a nationwide delivery network FXG would have.
There’s a reason it’s been available for free many many times. Even the contractors that are successful walk away because it’s not worth it.
Selecting a good area to deliver to is called making a good business decision. It doesn’t happen by accident.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If someone from UPS wants to risk his ass for the sake of "OMG THE CUSTOMER THE CUSTOMER THE CUSTOMER," that's his problem.
“All FedEx has to sell is service. If we fail to provide the service, we fail as a company.”

Has anyone else here heard this, or something similar, in their career at FedEx?

Dano wants the company to fail. Does Dano have a job offer from UPS?

bacha29

There’s a reason it’s been available for free many many times. Even the contractors that are successful walk away because it’s not worth it.
Selecting a good area to deliver to is called making a good business decision. It doesn’t happen by accident.
Aaaah , I see. Now if there's a dangerous/ unprofitable zip or zips that nobody is willing to take even if the contract is free AND the terminal is NOT willing to hire temps and rent vans to run it themselves who gets to be the next lucky contestant ?

It will be fine

Aaaah , I see. Now if there's a dangerous/ unprofitable zip or zips that nobody is willing to take even if the contract is free AND the terminal is NOT willing to hire temps and rent vans to run it themselves who gets to be the next lucky contestant ?
There’s always been another sucker.

59 Dano

They're standard question: "When are you going to delver this package? My answer: "I couldn't even make it back in there with the Quigley. Now YOU have two choices. Try to call them and find out if there is someplace else I can deliver it to or YOU and THEM will just have to wait for the deuce and a half to get here and if like it was with the Quigley it takes a year and a half and the mother of all lies just to get you to approve getting it then it will mean that YOU and THEM will be waiting for quite awhile".

"Our drivers are being attacked in your part of town. You're welcome to come to the station to pick it up, arrange for it to be dropped off at FXO, Walgreen's, or Dollar General, or you can wait until the danger subsides."