Taken out of service.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
People that are mentally weak get persuaded and suckered into things. Its not like being in high school and their not teenagers where your whole life is 1 big indecision. Their grown ups and you should already know the consequences of a bad decision. Sometimes in life 1 bad decision puts you behind the 8 ball, and then you kick yourself in the butt because you knew you were making the wrong decision from the get go.
Mentally weak people do drugs too....lmao.
If a driver gets cancer..or gets disabled in a car accident .and can't handle being a driver anymore...but decides to become an OC so he can still pay his bills and feed his family....life circumstances forced his hand. Not everything is cut and dry...and it doesn't make every member of managment a bad person.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Mentally weak people do drugs too....lmao.
If a driver gets cancer..or gets diabled in a car accident .and can't handle being a driver anymore...but decides to become an OC so he can still pay his bills and feed his family....life circumstances forced his hand. Not everything is cut and dry...and it doesn't make every member of managment a bad person.
That would be my last resort but your right it could happen. But at same time you should be plugging away at a solution in the meantime. Remember a prepared person is usually a successful person also. Anything you do in life is about planning and preparation. People that live life day to day and fly by the seat of their pants are usually the unsuccessful ones. Not a bad problem to have over thinking things, cant stress that enough. That's the game you learn as you get older.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That would be my last resort but your right it could happen. But at same time you should be plugging away at a solution in the meantime. Remember a prepared person is usually a successful person also. Anything you do in life is about planning and preparation. People that live life day to day and fly by the seat of their pants are usually the unsuccessful ones. Not a bad problem to have over thinking things, cant stress that enough. That's the game you learn as you get older.
Oh shut up with your OCD self...Mrs Smurfette left a mess in the kitchen...you better pu the bong down and go clean it up!!! Lmao ;)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Oh shut up with your OCD self...Mrs Smurfette left a mess in the kitchen...you better pu the bong down and go clean it up!!! Lmao ;)
OCK 3.jpg
LOL.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
The training we took in our diads last October was changed this early summer in a pcm and a document was posted from "corporate" to validate the pcm.

Maybe clear instructions that dont keep changing would help the drivers stay out of harm's way.

There's more facts on this argument available but the bottom line seems to be that there's litigation involved in this issue and now drivers who were trained to certain tolerances in time commits are getting FIRED to lessen the company's supposed liability.

It starts at the top.

When I worked I always had a problem when they changed something during a PCM and never talked about it again. Did management take roll call and inform the people that missed the PCM? Did management ever talk about it with the people that were on vacation during that PCM? I always found that when I came off of vacation it was up to me to find out what happened with all the rules and what not during my time off. Many times I tried to get management to figure something out to get the "word" out to ALL the employees.

Dragon would be one of the management personnel that would use this to his advantage. I don't believe for one minute how few people under him have been fired. So many in management are so dishonest and I agree with Jumpman that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I were in management. Such a disgraceful position to be employed in management.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had the PCM once and were reminded once.
We have it built into our psyche that it is our problem when we have too many air, it is not.
For years we did it that way and yes they turned a blind eye. Now there are eyes everywhere with telematics and GPS. And with Orion, it makes our job easier, and because of the 9.5 grievances, it is a whole bunch easier. Anything we do dishonest can be proven, and anything we do by the book and fail, as with NDA can be proven, it is a win win for us.

If someone was absent during a PCM, that can be proven, and the firing would not stand. Personally the only firings I have seen were for duplicate stops (padding) and the trainees were not taught how to properly do that because when I told them , they were like HUH.

10 point

He was not on the customers premises when he scanned it. He should have voided it, drove to the house and then rescanned it.

It is not the scanning and then driving, it is more scanning the air when you are not on the customers property that is the issue.
Not true. One of our drivers scanned his airs for a stop when he got into the office of the consignee. It was 9:15 am.
They asked him to take them to the shop out behind the office building and the shop personnel would sign and receive them. So he loaded them back into his pkg car and delivered them to the rear building and stop completed them at about 9:25 am. Commit time was 10:30 am.

Management had him call in and explain the RDR issue. Then told him to prerecord them before he moved the truck next time.

Common sense has left the building with Elvis.

10 point

Trying to make it look like you didn't have a late air and scanning an air at the security gate while you wait for 4 trucks in front of you to clear are two different things.

If you are on the customers property and have to wait at the security gate or wait for a dock to open up, scan the airs during that wait time. You are on their property. Never, ever scan an air if you are not on their property.
That's NOT what the "Delivery Scan and Exception Codes" training said that drivers here took in their diads on Oct 23, 2013 and again on July 28, 2014... (Question #3).

Training said that if you have a "known" security check point that will/may delay you at or in a building you may NOT scan airs prior to getting through that security area.

Like BrownTexas posted, the training instructs us to be in front of the absolute delivery area/personnel to scan the air pkgs.

The grievance we settled was over the two conflicting trainings and was for clarification prior to a driver being charged with Dishonesty under Art 17.

Security delay selection can only be used by a driver that didn't know that there was a security checkpoint at that stop prior to getting there. The bid driver is to plan ahead.

But scanning at security checkpoints and driving to the dock/office/building is not allowed and drivers can be disciplined by the company.... they say.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well it happens to me every day. If I have 40 NDA, I am at the gate, I cannot get in through no fault of UPS should we then pay for those 40 NDA? No I am on the premises, GPS shows it, should I bulldoze the gate? The time stamp clearly shows I am there. How much time do we allow, should I just take one stop, it could be 1/2 hr. That is why I cleared, and documented it with my center manager. Such bullcrap over this, There is no way any driver bid or not can say how long it takes to get through security. Im there, I have unloaded via many dollies, several times. There is only so much you can do. Their company has the issue, not us, their ups driver is there.

10 point

Someone is trying to prove something here and us drivers are the ones being thrown under the bus...if we allow it.

I run straight air stops when I know it's tight and if it's close I inform management that I may not get all my commits made on time (with an hourly witness) before I leave the building and put it on them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Someone is trying to prove something here and us drivers are the ones being thrown under the bus...if we allow it.

I run straight air stops when I know it's tight and if it's close I inform management that I may not get all my commits made on time (with an hourly witness) before I leave the building and put it on them.
And that is exactly what you need to do to cya. I do it daily. All that cutesy bullcrap with orion that has me digging out 20 reams of pc paper before I hit my last nda stop with 30 or more air, aint happening. On paper yes my day would improve, but in reality, not possible.

10 point

I always wondered what it's like being a peckerhead I guess we know now huh G Man lol

I am only acting like this because that's the way you think I act. You know nothing about me or my operation.

By the way only 2 people in over 15 years have ever been fired from management in my district and that's at all level's.[/quote]
Only have two supes in your operation?

JK

10 point

Well it happens to me every day. If I have 40 NDA, I am at the gate, I cannot get in through no fault of UPS should we then pay for those 40 NDA? No I am on the premises, GPS shows it, should I bulldoze the gate? The time stamp clearly shows I am there. How much time do we allow, should I just take one stop, it could be 1/2 hr. That is why I cleared, and documented it with my center manager. Such bullcrap over this, There is no way any driver bid or not can say how long it takes to get through security. Im there, I have unloaded via many dollies, several times. There is only so much you can do. Their company has the issue, not us, their ups driver is there.
One of our drivers has the same issue with a guard shack every day. Management told him to be there by 10:15 and he's not allowed to scan at the check point and then drive to the actual delivery point.

They said that since the security ck point was known to him that he had to adhere to the trainng rules.

Funny how management handles the same issues so inconsistently. Who should be fired?

As I said before, the problem starts from the top and slides from there.

Ron Carey lives on

I was in a meeting with a driver getting a verbal warning from center manager and District Manager, they would rather have a late air, than air scanned while rolling. As far as retaliation for union activity. There should be articles adressing that. I know there is in Central. Get your job back first

Sent using BrownCafe App