Tater towers

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
First time trying them. I'll reckon I'll be having the biggens. View attachment 290832
Good luck Karl!

upload_2020-4-12_2-22-24.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Dont potatoes grow in the ground?

Yeah, towers are supposed to be this great thing for growing them. The idea being that you can continue to grow them upwards, and get the same or better yields for a much smaller footprint in your garden. In my experience and from videos I've watched on YouTube, they don't work very well.

Non sequitur

Yeah, towers are supposed to be this great thing for growing them. The idea being that you can continue to grow them upwards, and get the same or better yields for a much smaller footprint in your garden. In my experience and from videos I've watched on YouTube, they don't work very well.
Do you garden much. I'm also going to try growing cucumbers and towmaters in in elevated containers

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Do you garden much. I'm also going to try growing cucumbers and towmaters in in elevated containers

I try to garden as little as possible, but my wife gardens, which ends up meaning a lot of work for me. Almost all of our garden beds are raised, most are two to three feet high. That makes for a lot less bending over. To fill in the beds, you start with tree branches and other waste wood, then cover with 6 or more inches of soil, and top off with mulch. As the wood decomposes it fertilizes the soil. It's similar to hugelkultur, which is done in berms instead of beds.